Home Boating

Repair transducer broke off from cable

sjokosjoko Posts: 20 Greenhorn
My Lowrance HST-WSBL transducer broke off from the cable. Can it be repaired?

Replies

• The Cat's EyeThe Cat's Eye Posts: 1,339 Officer
    Was the cable cut above the transducer or has it been pulled out ?
    Giimoozaabi
  • sjokosjoko Posts: 20 Greenhorn
    break is at the front of the skimmer transducer and below the cable
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 5,677 Admiral
    Sounds like you need a new transducer. 

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 5,981 Admiral
    Probably cannot repair it, those really aren't serviceable items.
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.  Will Rogers
  • sjokosjoko Posts: 20 Greenhorn
    I drilled a hole (the size of the bolt of the fitting) and everything works! I got the idea from YouTube videos
  • Lake-LinkerLake-Linker Posts: 106 Deckhand
    I broke that same model transducer several years ago - probably in a different way though....I wrapped a bunch of electrical tape around the whole thing as a temporary measure until I got back from a multi-day trip....it lasted for several years that way.

This past spring I broke the repair job the same way in roughly the same area - hitting an early spring "honeycombed" ice floe on the upper Mississippi at WOT - and finally got around to replacing the transducer.
  • Lake-LinkerLake-Linker Posts: 106 Deckhand
    I broke that same model transducer several years ago - probably in a different way though....I wrapped a bunch of electrical tape around the whole thing as a temporary measure until I got back from a multi-day trip....it lasted for several years that way.

This past spring I broke the repair job the same way in roughly the same area - hitting an early spring "honeycombed" ice floe on the upper Mississippi at WOT - and finally got around to replacing the transducer.
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 5,981 Admiral
    edited January 2019 #9
    So the cable wasn't broken? then yea just glue it back together.
    G-Flex epoxy works great.
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.  Will Rogers