Home Off Topic

well...dang

FlatsMatt96FlatsMatt96 ChuluotaPosts: 1,358 Officer
UCF blew that one. Im so disappointed in my knights. They shot themselves in the foot. 
If youre going to burn a bridge, dont just burn it, use C4 and make a statement. 

Replies

• 2amigo2amigo Posts: 6,170 Admiral
    They had a good season. 1 loss team to a #11 ranked is nothing to be disappointed about long term. Hopefully they stay in the mix going forward. 
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,679 Admiral
    On the other hand...there's a dozen excuses.....
    The game  means very little at the end of the day.
    UCF had a good run.
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 5,808 Admiral
    Nothing to be ashamed of. They played hard and almost found a way to win ( that onside kick was so close), even though they were outmatched physically 
    You should have been here yesterday
  • FlatsMatt96FlatsMatt96 ChuluotaPosts: 1,358 Officer
    I disagree, UCF started great and it burned really quickly. The normally great receivers had bricks for hands today especially on touchdown passes. They looked disorganized and undisciplined. I mean almost 100 yards in penalties. Cmon. Thats crap. UCF has nothing to be proud of today. The performance was awful. That was a team we should have been able to beat easily especially with 8 starters missing. No excuses except poor, undisciplined, disorganized and awful performance.
    If youre going to burn a bridge, dont just burn it, use C4 and make a statement. 
    It was a bowl game....
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
    Like I said, inexcusable
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 34,219 AG
    Your receivers normally looked great because of your quarterback. He was out due to injury. Your backup QB was not throwing the same ball with the same accuracy. Milton was one hell of a QB. UCF averaged 62 yards a game in penalties. 104 in a bowl game is not that unusual. LSU had 145 yards in penalties and their average is close to UCF's. 

The two biggest factors in the game was UCF did not have Milton and LSU controlled the ball with time of possession, LSU had the ball for 3/4 of the game. They burned up the clock and scored on possessions. LSU didn't give UCF the ability to make those huge scores they usually made to overcome their weak defense. 

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

That is why you play the game.  Mistakes are part of it.  It’s who has less that counts. I saw crappie play on both sides of the ball at times. Most people notice their own team more. 
    Like I said, inexcusable
    I don't disagree but that is the dilemma as of late. No one wants to get hurt in a game that means nothing.
    Half of these players have aspirations of becoming an NFL player
    If UCF played like they normally did this season, lsu wouldnt have stood a chance. This was not my team this game. I am highly disappointed with them. They need to do better next season. I want to see improvements with stats and performance across the board. Im tired of UCF being a small program. Any season with more then 1 or 2 losses is unacceptable. No matter who we play. 
  • MelbourneMarkMelbourneMark Posts: 2,222 Captain
    I watched most of the game and was impressed with how ucf played.  I imagine with a more experienced QB, the score would be different. 
    I hope UCF continues their success.  
  • pottydocpottydoc Port Saint JoePosts: 4,262 Captain
    Mark, if you’re going to add in a missing QB for UCF, you have to add in 8 missing starters for LSU. Five of which were defensive.  Plus the fact that they lost two backup db’s early in the game that got ejected. Neither team was up to full potential. I did expect UCF to play better,, though. Except for the red zone stands, their defense let LSU control the game. 
    If UCF played like they normally did this season, lsu wouldnt have stood a chance. This was not my team this game. I am highly disappointed with them. They need to do better next season. I want to see improvements with stats and performance across the board. Im tired of UCF being a small program. Any season with more then 1 or 2 losses is unacceptable. No matter who we play. 
    Heard the same thing come out of my cousin's mouth.  but he was talking about LSU.  Like I said, you notice your own team's mistakes more
  • MelbourneMarkMelbourneMark Posts: 2,222 Captain
    pottydoc said:
    Mark, if you’re going to add in a missing QB for UCF, you have to add in 8 missing starters for LSU. Five of which were defensive.  Plus the fact that they lost two backup db’s early in the game that got ejected. Neither team was up to full potential. I did expect UCF to play better,, though. Except for the red zone stands, their defense let LSU control the game. 
    I think the QB position is more important to most teams than ~8 starters.  
    I'd bet that the score would be different had LSU lost their QB.. (in this game or the previous game)
  • RennieRaeRennieRae Posts: 725 Officer
    If UCF played like they normally did this season, lsu wouldnt have stood a chance. 
    You are delusional.
    Bob 

17 ft. Ankona Native with 40 hp Suzuki 4 stroke - Skini Rennie
  • ScoutboatScoutboat Posts: 2,479 Captain
    So, the charade comes to a close.
    The self proclaimed "national champions" played like the first rate small school that they are.
  • tankardtankard Posts: 7,031 Admiral

If it weren't for the refs and LSU's ineptitude in the red zone it would have been a blowout.

Stop kidding yourselves.

• GardawgGardawg Posts: 10,464 AG
    Scoutboat said:

The self proclaimed "national champions" played like the first rate small school that they are.
    "small"?

3. University of Florida

Type of College: Public

Enrollment: 49,589

Cost: In-state: $6,170, Out-of-state: $28,448

Best Programs: Biological Engineering, Analytical Chemistry, and Industrial Engineering

Fun Fact: The University of Florida Gators have won three NCAA Football BCS National Championships.

2. University of Central Florida

Type of College: Public

Enrollment: 58,698

Cost: In-state: $208 per credit, Out-of-state: $745 per credit

Best Programs: Engineering, Computer Science, Education, Speech Pathology, and Public

https://www.campusexplorer.com/college-advice-tips/3A4B6528/10-Largest-Colleges-in-Florida/
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
  • nuevowavonuevowavo Posts: 6,824 Admin
    Gardawg said:
    Scoutboat said:

"small"?

How about "2nd tier"?
    Best non-Power5 school in the country, but they'll never have the depth, size and speed that SEC, ACC, Big 10, etc. can recruit.
    Federales, bring my baby back to me!