Home Off Topic

LSU's bowl opponent UCF should look 'inward,' SEC's Sankey says, amid latest CFP gripe

2»

Replies

• 2amigo2amigo Posts: 7,242 Admiral
    The  alarm about UCF stealing the spotlight  has now reached the level where a mythical "recruiting ranking" few beyond the obsessed even know or care about is dragged out to claim some sort of continued imaginary "superiority".

As amusing as it is pathetic.

Keep it up.

Projecting?  🤣
  • HomerSimpsonHomerSimpson Posts: 6,573 Admiral
    I wouldn't be surprised if UCF pulls another upset like they did last year.  What does LSU have to play for?  I was expecting it last year too against auburn.

but......maybe with all this crap UCF is spilling LSU may gear up just to shut UCF up.  And i do hope so.
  • pottydocpottydoc Port Saint JoePosts: 4,916 Captain
    edited December 2018 #34
    The recruiting number is much more factual than FSU and UF fading away, and UCF’s false claim of winning a NC. That’s a myth.
    I wouldn't be surprised if UCF pulls another upset like they did last year.  What does LSU have to play for?  I was expecting it last year too against auburn.

but......maybe with all this crap UCF is spilling LSU may gear up just to shut UCF up.  And i do hope so.
    Meaningless even if they win, in regard to belonging in the play offs. OSU will probably win their game, but no one will say that means they should be in the playoffs. If UCF does win, it still doesn’t change their weak SOS. It means they managed to beat one decent 3 loss team. They’re already ranked higher than LSU, so theoretically UCF should beat them. The point is still they play nothing but lower their teams all season. 
  • sjm1582002sjm1582002 Posts: 4,363 Captain

Even I have to give LSU the edge since UCF will be without its Heisman finalist QB. Maybe UCF's freshman backup QB having a few weeks with the first stringers will help.

Btw, how many Gator, Seminole, or 'Cane football players were on this years Heisman ballot?

Not a single one, at all?

:)
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 5,807 Admiral

Even I have to give LSU the edge since UCF will be without its Heisman finalist QB. Maybe UCF's freshman backup QB having a few weeks with the first stringers will help.

Btw, how many Gator, Seminole, or 'Cane football players were on this years Heisman ballot?

Not a single one, at all?

:)
    No, but we have 3 bronze sculptures of  our 3 heisman winners in front of Ben Hill Griffith stadium ( to go along with our 3 LEGITIMATE national titles ). How many at your stadium?
    You should have been here yesterday
    Like I've already pointed out...."cherish your glorious history..." since that is all you've got.

Btw, it seem your upcoming opponent, who has easily defeated the Gator football team every single time they've ever played, scheduled one of the same cupcakes UCF did.

Michigan 45 SMU 20.
    UCF 48 SMU 20.

Heh..heh.

edited December 2018 #39
    Like I've already pointed out...."cherish your glorious history..." since that is all you've got.

Btw, it seem your upcoming opponent, who has easily defeated the Gator football team every single time they've ever played, scheduled one of the same cupcakes UCF did.

Michigan 45 SMU 20.
    UCF 48 SMU 20.

Heh..heh.

You brought up history. We have a history and a future. You have no history and a possibility of a future. If your coach and ad don’t leave when a better job opens up next year. :D
    And since we beat LSU, you should have no problem. And by your reasoning, if that happens. It will automatically mean UF is a better team. Sounds silly huh?
    Since UF's "history" includes having its two best coaches both unexpectedly quit the program for more prestigious opportunities it's rather amusing you bring up coaching departures. 

Especially so given the comically inept replacement coaches UF hired only to soon fire.

edited December 2018 #41
    Since UF's "history" includes having its two best coaches both unexpectedly quit the program for more prestigious opportunities it's rather amusing you bring up coaching departures. 

Especially so given the comically inept replacement coaches UF hired only to soon fire.

Urban didn’t quit for a more prestigious job, Ohio state didn’t open up until 6 months after he quit Florida, nice try though. He left there because the sec (Saban ) was too hard and he had been recruiting bad character guys who felt entitled. And I’m not sure who the other is, Spurrier? He left for the nfl. Comparing apples to oranges. I’m not sure what that has to do with the fact that UCF is a stepping stone school.
    And far as bad hires, we got Muschamp, the Texas coach in waiting, who was wanted by a few major programs. Mac was off the Saban tree and was considered an offensive genius, which he may be, he’s just a terrible fit to be a hc in the sec. Man, you ucf fans really know football  :D
  • FlatsMatt96FlatsMatt96 ChuluotaPosts: 1,358 Officer
    UCF signed another qb from Hawaii who followed Milton a lot. So thats cool. I wonder how he will turn out. Hopefully he will throw like Mack and run like Milton. 
    If youre going to burn a bridge, dont just burn it, use C4 and make a statement. 
    Man, what’s up with the ucf Hawaii pipeline? They hit a homer with Milton. Hope the new kid turns out for y’all 
    edited December 2018 #44
     Marshall people were spouting this crap in the late 90’s. Not much internet then.  Just win with better competition and everything will work out for UCF
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 38,223 AG
    UCF signed another qb from Hawaii who followed Milton a lot. So thats cool. I wonder how he will turn out. Hopefully he will throw like Mack and run like Milton. 
    I read an article today that  UCF is one of the schools Justin Fields is considering transferring to. Most think he is going to Ohio State. 

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

Urban didn’t quit for a more prestigious job, Ohio state didn’t open up until 6 months after he quit Florida, nice try though. He left there because the sec (Saban ) was too hard and he had been recruiting bad character guys who felt entitled. And I’m not sure who the other is, Spurrier? He left for the nfl. Comparing apples to oranges. I’m not sure what that has to do with the fact that UCF is a stepping stone school.
    And far as bad hires, we got Mischa, the Texas coach in waiting, who was wanted by a few major programs. Mac was off the Saban tree and was considered an offensive genius, which he may be, he’s just a terrible fit to be a hc in the sec. Man, you ucf fans really know football  :D
    You've got "Mischa"?

What's that?

A famous Russian hockey coach whose style translates to coaching football in the SEC. Actually it appears that it should be “Muschamp”. Although in hindsight, I would have rather had Mischa.
    edited December 2018 #48

And far as bad hires, we got Mischa, the Texas coach in waiting, who was wanted by a few major programs. Mac was off the Saban tree and was considered an offensive genius, which he may be, he’s just a terrible fit to be a hc in the sec. Man, you ucf fans really know football  :D
    You've got "Mischa"?

What's that?

Supposed to be muschamp, autocorrect. But you were easily able to put it together with context, I hope 
    Salty, lol I was thinking the same thing when I saw that. I mean shoot look at Tua, dudes from hawaii and friends with Milton. Whatever they feed their young qb's over there is clearly working. Maybe this kid will be a beast as well. 
    If youre going to burn a bridge, dont just burn it, use C4 and make a statement. 
    cadman said:
    I read an article today that  UCF is one of the schools Justin Fields is considering transferring to. Most think he is going to Ohio State. 
    I mean either way he goes it cant go wrong. If he goes to OSU he will be fine because thats such a big name school. If he goes to UCF, he will be fine because its a smaller school causing a lot of noise and everyone keeps looking at them so. He cant go wrong. 
  • sailfish2sailfish2 Posts: 4,319 Captain
    "Looking" or laughing?
    Hoping for better luck next time...... and got it.

WINNING!
    sailfish2 said:
    "Looking" or laughing?
    Both, sec is the only one laughing. Most other conferences have some respect for UCF. The big 12 is actively looking at UCF. Adding UCF would be good for them
  • sailfish2sailfish2 Posts: 4,319 Captain
    Good luck, hoping you guys get to add some quality teams to your schedule.
    Hoping for better luck next time...... and got it.

WINNING!
  • FishInFLFishInFL Posts: 2,222 Captain
    Stanford in 2019
    sailfish2 said:
    "Looking" or laughing?
    Both, sec is the only one laughing. Most other conferences have some respect for UCF. The big 12 is actively looking at UCF. Adding UCF would be good for them
    And a dang site better for UCF. That’s what you’ve been hearing from us, and what UCF has been hearing from everyone involved in NCAAF. Play there, be successful there, and the playoffs will come. Keep on playing in the AAC, and it will be a long, long time. 
    sailfish2 said:
    "Looking" or laughing?
    I don't think that's necessarily true.  I think you probably have more fans south than north.  I know a lot of SEC guys (especially state of Florida people) that pull for UCF. A lot of national sports talk shows are basically saying UCF just has to play better competition and they are not SEC people. Wish them the best but it can’t be handed to them. Big 12 would be great!  They are in the backyard of recruiting and would pull some amazing recruiting classes if they are in a P5 conference.