Home Off Topic

Royal Family

FlatsMatt96FlatsMatt96 ChuluotaPosts: 1,358 Officer
My mom is obsessed with celebrities, she loves all of the drama and stuff. She also loves the royal family and wedding and drama and crap. I guess what I am asking is, does anyone actually care? Like, I just cant understand the obsession with celebrities, their relationships and drama. Let alone that of another country. I dont care so much to the point it has the opposite effect on me, it angers me. Does anyone else feel this way or is it just me? 
If youre going to burn a bridge, dont just burn it, use C4 and make a statement. 

Replies

• kellerclkellercl Posts: 6,662 Admiral
    Nope.  I couldn't even name who is in the royal family at this point in time.  

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
  • FlatsMatt96FlatsMatt96 ChuluotaPosts: 1,358 Officer
    Thank you!
    If youre going to burn a bridge, dont just burn it, use C4 and make a statement. 
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 5,808 Admiral
    edited December 2018 #4
    I’m I’m with you fellas, now get off my lawn ;)
    You should have been here yesterday
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 9,244 Admiral
    Not the last Royal wedding but the one prior to that about 8 years ago or so, I awoke to find a highly regarded captain who shall remain nameless and my mate rigging bait ( 100 ballyhoo, and 50 mullet) for the day in my galley so they could watch it on tv while rigging .to say I had a **** fit is a mild understatement

• ResinheadResinhead Posts: 10,987 AG
    Your galley... lmfao.

Isn't there a mulatto wearing a crown now? Irony at its best for those wooden teeth ****.

Lmao thats freaking hilarious 
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 10,446 AG
    I think the idea of royalty is farcical and maybe sinful.
    I don't think about it though.
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 8,078 Admiral
    I think most Folks who worship Royalty and Movie Stars basically have...No Life of their own . 
    they live their dreams thru others lives...Sad.
    They need a job.or a life..
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • AC ManAC Man Posts: 6,434 Admiral
    edited December 2018 #10
    My wife loved Princes Diana and all the drama. Has a giant book on her and was in tears when she died. I am sorry, but could care less to be honest. The Hollywood folks could all drop dead for all I care these days. And I have never watched one second of a drama reality show.

I thought Diana was a normal person trapped, so sorry about that, 
  • johnpowersjohnpowers BayPosts: 2,898 Captain
    We had a war to get rid of royalty. 
  • Buford CletusBuford Cletus Posts: 1,783 Captain
    My mom is obsessed with celebrities, she loves all of the drama and stuff. She also loves the royal family and wedding and drama and crap. I guess what I am asking is, does anyone actually care? Like, I just cant understand the obsession with celebrities, their relationships and drama. Let alone that of another country. I dont care so much to the point it has the opposite effect on me, it angers me. Does anyone else feel this way or is it just me? 
    If it actually angers you then you've got your own obsession with it.
  • All Hail King Donald!!
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
    No worries, doesn't seem that name dropping is getting people banned anymore.
    No not an obsession. Thats an odd subject to correlate anger with. It just makes me mad when she turns it on. like seriously who cares, why would we care, and why should we pay attention to something so irrelevant? I dont know its all so stupid. 
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 33,279 AG
    Not really. 

i don't care about celebrity lives or royalty from another country. Never understood the obsession. I used to have Tim Tebow come into my store when he went to UF. I was amazed at the people who would go crazy over a college football player. He was just another customer to me. 

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

cadman said:
    Not really. 

i don't care about celebrity lives or royalty from another country. Never understood the obsession. I used to have Tim Tebow come into my store when he went to UF. I was amazed at the people who would go crazy over a college football player. He was just another customer to me. 
    Arent you an fsu fan?
    🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • tankardtankard Posts: 7,031 Admiral

My ancestors didn't board rickety wooden ships and sail into the unknown to have me care what happens back there.

Enjoy your sharia, idiots!

• Capt KurtCapt Kurt Posts: 410 Deckhand
    Well Celebrities and the Royal Family are 2 different things in my opinion.  I can care less about Tom Cruise or celebrities who make way too much money simply because they can memorize lines.  Then they take their status and try to push their political point of view on others.

However, if you research deeper into the Royal Family you would be intrigued to learn they think being a Royal is a curse.  As an example, Queen Elizabeth's side of the family was never suppose to be the side that became Queen or King.  Her father, King George VI was the YOUNGER brother to Edward VIII.  Edward VIII became King but "gave it up" to marry Wallis Simpson after about 360 days of being King.  In my opinion, he gave it up because he didn't want to deal with all the stuff that goes along with being a "Royal". 

When WW2 broke out, Edward VIII actually met with **** in case **** won the war, he was playing both sides while his brother was King of England - a treasonous act.  Edward VIII requested more involvement in English affairs, finally Queen Elizabeth confronted Edward VIII about giving up the Crown.  Edward VIII replied that he had in fact apologized to her father, King George VI.  But Queen Elizabeth instead wanted the apology as well, for her, because now HER family is the side is the side that must endure all the Royal BS.   

I'm not British, just found their history to be intriguing.. 
    visit Pure Pilates in Fort Lauderdale - http://www.pure-pilates.net
    LMAO "enjoy your sharia, idiots" 

• GardawgGardawg Posts: 10,013 AG
    Well, sometimes it does seem to be an advantage. 

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 33,279 AG
    cadman said:
    Not really. 

Arent you an fsu fan?
    Now that is funny!!

But if you are serious, Hell  No, Gator fan. 

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

cadman said:
    cadman said:
    Not really. 

Arent you an fsu fan?
    Now that is funny!!

But if you are serious, Hell  No, Gator fan. 
    Who said they were an fsu fan on one of the other threads...maybe it was potty.