Boca 12/13 Solo

Fished afternoon and evening. Deployed the kite  made one drift from 350 to 75 no takers.  Switched to trolling only ran 2 rods  spread since it was rough & solo.  Small pink rattle which went off before I could even start 2nd rod. Small run and spit hook.  Reset and added blue islander with ballyhoo.  Had 2 more knock down but only able to boat 1 bonehead the rest of the day.  Was a rough day for sure but nice to be one the water!! 

Replies

• GarysmoGarysmo Ft. Pierce, FloridaPosts: 690 Officer
    Solo is always fun...adds another element of challenge to boating fish...then add rough seas and its another level.  Sounds like you had a good day....any day on the water is a good day.
  • CoastalCatchCoastalCatch Lighthouse PointPosts: 392 Deckhand
    Any day soloing on rough water is a good day when you return home safely! :)

'The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.' ~ George Orwell

• butts182butts182 Posts: 176 Deckhand
    Just make sure you wear your life vest and have your kill switch attached when fishing solo, especially in rough conditions.  I know, it’s not cool, but it way cooler than watching your boat continue on it’s course without you in it!
  • PARKER26PARKER26 Posts: 27 Greenhorn
    Check and check. Not worth the risk.  It’s a no brainer especially with auto pfd’s you don’t even know its there.  I finds it adds a little more excitement.