Need Marine Electronics Provider Recommendation

First and foremost, I am NOT HERE TO BASH ANYONE. However, I need to know if there are any reputable marine electronics installers in Jacksonville other than Boattronics. I have used Boattronics before, I like Tony and was very satisfied with his work. However, he is apparently so busy now he cannot respond to a prospective customer. I have sent an email, left a voicemail and even took some time off work to try to catch him at his shop and when he wasn't there I spoke with an employee who assured me that Tony would call me. And after two weeks of effort, no contact.. So it's time to move on......who else in town does this type of work?

Replies

• BottomBumpinBottomBumpin Posts: 1,121 Officer
    SeaElectric... call Ryan.. he is mobile and probabaly busy too but good peeps.. 904.234.1510
  • Let's Go AmigoLet's Go Amigo Posts: 2,342 Captain
    Ryan Cantey...Seaelectric  Has done all my work. Awesome guy and very helpful

• Morocco_madnessMorocco_madness Posts: 2,826 Captain
    X3 on Ryan Cantey. He's done good work for me.
  • PangamanPangaman Posts: 585 Officer
    Charile at Mackay electronics does good work. He mostly does commercial ship stuff. He is expensive though, $100 in travel just to come from his shop in Mandarin. He is sometimes out of town on big jobs. His number is (904)608-1458.
  • cftsmokecftsmoke JacksonvillePosts: 104 Deckhand
    Andrew Minard at lightning electronics (904-233-0014)  did my dual simrad install 3 months ago.  Very responsive, both before and after which it seems is very rare here in JAX.   Highly recommend him. 
    2005 Everglades 290 Pilot.  Twin 250 Verados.
  • BuncranaBuncrana Jacksonville BeachPosts: 3 Greenhorn
    Had same problem with Tony. Calls and texts unanswered. I understand busy but how much effort to answer a text. He replaced my entire electronics package ($25k) on my boat and I need some more work as I am modifying my t-top. Contacted Mike Greenwood with MPG Marine and we met to discuss project. First impressions was good. I will probably use him. 904.287.0400. He is mobile. Good luck.
  • Feet1stShoesFeet1stShoes Posts: 148 Deckhand
    Thanks guys for some great suggestions. I'm sure I can find someone from the names offered up. Have a great weekend.
  • Bright StarBright Star Posts: 87 Greenhorn
    Had the same problem with Tony too. Went with MPG Services. Mike did a great job at a reasonable price. Give him a call.
  • BoattronicsBoattronics Posts: 5,123 Admiral
    edited December 2018 #10
    First of all id like to apologize to all who had a hard time getting me. We are experiencing what is at times an overwhelming demand. To confront this problem, I've hired two more techs. On top of that, we are currently doubling our shop size at the same location on St.Augustine rd. to 3000 square feet indoors!

My wife has managed the TPC clubhouse for ten years and in July when she has reached her 10 year pension she is coming to work with me full time, which will finally put the phone issues behind me. I routinely field over 50 calls a day and sometimes cannot keep up, though diligently working to.

I have been here serving you for 20 years, and I plan on serving you another 20 more. Please be patient as we work through our growing pains.

I'm still a full time technician, my hands are usually full. If my voicemail becomes full, you can text me at 904-545-1270.

You can also message me on my Facebook page, Tony Eden, or Boattronics of North Florida, as well as see all the high end work we put out on a daily basis.
    Tony Eden-
    Certified, licsensed and insured, Marine Electronics and rigging master, and "Dream boat" build winner with 20 years of professional experience.
    Boattronics.net
    Over 80 seperate, recent reviews from captains on this forum-
    http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?5295-Recent-Boattronics-reviews!
    Please call with any questions or a free estimate for the lowest price/best work available!
    904-545-1270
  • FirmanjaxFirmanjax Posts: 379 Deckhand
    I know some of you have a hard time getting hold of Tony but he called me back within a day and had me in within about 4 days.  Simple radar install but got it done on time.  I'm sure there are other qualified installers but I've come to trust Tony and his work.  Keep hounding him.  Squeeky wheel get the grease. 
  • portusrogerportusroger Posts: 152 Deckhand
    Firmanjax said:
    I know some of you have a hard time getting hold of Tony but he called me back within a day and had me in within about 4 days.  Simple radar install but got it done on time.  I'm sure there are other qualified installers but I've come to trust Tony and his work.  Keep hounding him.  Squeeky wheel get the grease. 
    You got your radar on already?? I called last week and it’s a 3 week wait to get mine on.
  • livebaitlivebait Posts: 665 Officer
    Sure sounds like Mr. Tony is his competition's best friend.
  • FirmanjaxFirmanjax Posts: 379 Deckhand
    Firmanjax said:
    You got your radar on already?? I called last week and it’s a 3 week wait to get mine on.

I think I called on tues. or wed. and it was installed the following Monday.  Mine was really simple.  Probably should have done it myself but I've never had a radar and decided to let them handle it. 
  • DivergentDivergent Posts: 6 Greenhorn
    I took my contender to Tony last month to have some minor electrical work done. New transducer and new fuse buse installed. Picked it up the next day completed. Did some hard pounding on the way out the next time I went fishing and had a couple of issues. Spreader light didn’t work and bow light didn’t work. Called Tony and he said bring it in the following week and he would check it out. Found a bad wire to the bow light and loose screw to the spreader light. This was not a issue caused by his workmanship but he wanted to make sure. I commend his service to make sure that it was not. It’s not a easy job running a business and making everyone happy.  As a business owner myself for the last 30 years I understand his growing pains and commend his dedication to his work.