Honeymoon Lake

2»

Replies

• Catalina26Catalina26 Posts: 231 Officer
    Depends on who's land land your trespassing on. Someone posted a picture of it divided in long
    Sections of land. A random homeowner in there may call but ultimately it would be the decision of the land owners property. Most likely it will be a get out and don't come back and next time you will be arrested type of deal. All in all is it really worth it to go in? Regardless if you get a warning or get arrested.
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,020 AG
    99.9 % of this is always bluff.... To actually prosecute for trespassing is more difficult than you might imagine. Anyway, Any LEO who shows up is going to issue a "Trespass warning" which in itself is mostly bluff but establishes a "paper trail" if things must go to the next level. The next level would be a "Notice to appear" by a LEO...Essentially an "arrest" without going to jail....You go to court.

Catalina is right though...unless you want to go thru some BS ( there are ways around most anything) ....why bother.
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • shamrock1188shamrock1188 Posts: 272 Deckhand
    Honeymoon lake association was able to dig a canal, destroy mangroves and dredge. I think prosecuting trespassers will be a walk in the park for them. The home owners of the H canal in Merritt Island have been trying to open there water way since the 1970's and are unable to do so. Digging, destroying mangroves and dredging is almost impossible these days.
  • JethroJethro Posts: 409 Deckhand
    You will find more places you used to be able to fish now prohibited. This is the way of life as we know it. I have videos of having great times fishing banana river and now is off limits.
  • JordysaysJordysays Merritt Island FLPosts: 1 Greenhorn
    Just moved to Honeymoon Hill and have a dock on the lake. I don't see boat or people out very often, not sure why that is. I fish off the dock and only catch catfish or very small red fish the lake is extremely shallow not sure if fishing in the middle of the lake would be much of a difference when it comes to catching a fish worth keeping. As for all the people saying the homeowners around the lake are nasty people and will kick you out, i can't speak for other people on the lake but i know i don't mind fellow fishermen strolling through. I just want to catch something i can eat! Also anyone know anything about Bull sharks and if they enjoy the lake much ?
  • SpineymanSpineyman Posts: 8,135 Admiral
    Trust me biggest on going issue when it's duck season and the blue bills raft in there. Calls non stop all season.. Very annoying to deal with
    Used to be Old Squaw in there as well, and a few Woodies too! Before most homes were built there.
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

II Chronicles 7:14
    if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

• MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 8,608 Admiral
    duckmanJR said:
    99.9 % of this is always bluff.... To actually prosecute for trespassing is more difficult than you might imagine. Anyway, Any LEO who shows up is going to issue a "Trespass warning" which in itself is mostly bluff but establishes a "paper trail" if things must go to the next level. The next level would be a "Notice to appear" by a LEO...Essentially an "arrest" without going to jail....You go to court.

Catalina is right though...unless you want to go thru some BS ( there are ways around most anything) ....why bother.
    I really don't know, thus I'll ask  you who probably does given  your background....  would LE be as likely to simply write a warning to hunters seeing as how they are trespassing posted property with a firearm?  

Do/did hunters really try to hunt that place?  Reminds me of the Conway lakes nonsense here in Orlando.
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
    Trespass with a firearm is a felony....but given the circumstances it is not always as easy to successfully prosecute as you might think....  A simple " I did not see the sign in the dark when I went in " is going to have you and the deputy at loggerheads... At that point it is probably going to be the written warning which is logged so if there is ever a next time...the action is more clear cut.... and then it will go to court...
    The state attorneys office may not be that interested if a lawyer shows up. 

Personally, It is so easy to shoot two "Blood clot" scaup....I would never even consider it. 
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 8,608 Admiral
    Alright.. I gotta ask... "blood clot?"

To up the bluebill game, I shoot only 2nd-to-5th year male Greater Scaup, never Lesser.
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
    Alright.. I gotta ask... "blood clot?"

To up the bluebill game, I shoot only 2nd-to-5th year male Greater Scaup, never Lesser.
    All the taste of a blood clot..... 

But sure....targeting drake greaters is top tier... like Phes.  ;)
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled