Offshore

Haven't seen any offshore reports in a while. Has anyone tested the reefs for cobra? Had a good report from 140 feet and I heard that someone hooked 20 cobra. I don't know where. Planning on going Friday and looking for some direction

Replies

• LouDLouD Posts: 141 Deckhand
    That's supposed to say cobia but the auto correct caught me and it won't edit.
  • StayinLazyStayinLazy Posts: 460 Deckhand
    Hey Lou, I haven't heard of many headed out with all this wind blowing.  Of the people I have talked to, 1 went trolling with a few mahi, a couple whoo and some blackfin.  The other went bottom fishing and kept beeliners and triggers.  Cobia should be showing up on the deeper wrecks and live bottom.  It is that time of year.  Friday is looking like a real good day to try it.  
  • cftsmokecftsmoke JacksonvillePosts: 104 Deckhand
    Thinking about Friday myself.  Went by B&M today- reports are that closer in grouper have been sparse and only a few hardly souls in boats bigger than me have tried to run out for wahoo because of the seas. Nothing great to report as far as results. Wouldn’t mind a nice cobia or wahoo so Friday may be the day. 
    2005 Everglades 290 Pilot.  Twin 250 Verados.
  • JoyTimeJoyTime Posts: 35 Greenhorn
    I’m watching the weather for this weekend.  Dying to get out and give it a try. 
    Although it looks great for tomorrow, due to work I won’t get out before 1100 and alone.  Probably stay within 25 and try for cobia and grouper. Good luck on the ‘hoos.
  • JoyTimeJoyTime Posts: 35 Greenhorn
    Thinking Sunday now.  I will post where I’m going.
    Just going to bring a vast array of baits and tackle.

Just got back from mg tug area. Got a late start (out the inlet at 1400) so wahoo was out. Not much happening- ars, sea bass and a lot of the plotter that wasn’t hungry. Wasn’t dead calm but better than it’s been in a long time. Then had the pleasure of coming in past the cleaning table and watching an intrepid unload 2 50lb wahoo.  Congrats to them