Home West Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

Weekend Weather

I have the boat back and ready to fish again. Who is believing the wind reports showing a window Saturday into Sunday. Never happens for the weekend. I see the seas at 6-7 tomorrow into Friday. Do e think it falls enough to make fishing a possibility?

I know the red tide is still an issue out of Johns Pass but hope getting better. Anyone catching bait inshore on any of the flats or is that affected as well. 

Replies

• trs912trs912 Posts: 156 Deckhand
    I haven't had any issues with bait lately further south.  It's out there, just have to find where it is at the particular moment.  I can't vouch for the John's pass area, though.

Weather seems somewhat similar to last week.  We had a front come in late and the wind report for last Sunday looks pretty much like it does for this weekend.  We went out and it was pretty manageable.   Definitely not smooth seas, but not horrible.
  • Mako224Mako224 Posts: 521 Officer
    I will be watching it closely.  Hoping to roll out mid day Saturday and fish till possibly sunrise. Catch both ends of the day. Plus that seems to be the slower part of the wind speed.

How deep you finding the bait further south? 
  • harbisonharbison Posts: 5,084 Admiral
    edited November 2018 #4
    Headed to the Florida Middle Grounds  Friday; back Sunday.  Will provide full report.
    Saying a little prayer to the...

Mako224 said:
    I will be watching it closely.  Hoping to roll out mid day Saturday and fish till possibly sunrise. Catch both ends of the day. Plus that seems to be the slower part of the wind speed.

How deep you finding the bait further south? 
    If it is white bait you are looking for, just on the flats wherever you can find it.  Sorry to be vague, it's just hit or miss for me usually.  I have several places I go.  I haven't been to skyway in a while so I don't know if you can find it there.  It is usually fairly reliable, as is the tt. desoto gulf pier.  Sometimes on the bay pier.

I don't have many goto spots for bigger bait (like cigar minnows).  I just hit the egmont channel marker buoys.  The last few times I've been out, I haven't seen any until whistler.  Long haul. But, again, I just don't have many go to places for this.
    The middle grounds is a little more comfortable on your 72' ride then my 24 Mako in a 3ft slop... Good luck and look forward to the report. 
    Looking better and better for a longer weekend of better weather into Monday/Tuesday. Time to go prep the boat and get ready. Should be on the water trying for bait around 2 and go from there. 
  • Reel-LuckyReel-Lucky Oldsmar, FLPosts: 3,342 Moderator
    Good for you, and the boats fishing the Suncoast Tourny, laid down sooner than predicted. Blowin' 7kts. off the beach right now, and should get better. Catch'em up!
    The wind finally laid down a little around noon.  We got out for a couple of hours.  Long enough to catch this guy.

• Reel-LuckyReel-Lucky Oldsmar, FLPosts: 3,342 Moderator
    edited November 2018 #11
    I got out but is was not as predicted. 24 Miles out was it for me. We did get on some rocks and pull some nice Mangos up. 

Any advice from anyone how to post photos. Still unable to post. I use IMGUR to host the photos

I'm doing this from memory.

Click on the pic in imgur and copy the direct link url.  Then, click on the little icon above (here in the edit box) that looks like a square with a mountain or something.  Hover over it and it says "attach image".  Paste the direct link url in there and hit ok.