Home Off Topic

78,000 votes?

MGTeacherMGTeacher South GaPosts: 1,800 Captain
I can't believe the people of Broward County put up with this bull ****

Replies

• MGTeacherMGTeacher South GaPosts: 1,800 Captain
    Check out Ken Blackwell on Fox News. If u miss it go to the Fox News website and listen to him. He's very intellectual and level headed. 
  • SpineymanSpineyman Destin, FlPosts: 8,340 Admiral
    Very sad that they are even trying to cheat!
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

II Chronicles 7:14
    if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

• dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 8,932 Admiral
    Dr. Bogas said:
    . Why do you get away with posting political BS. 

Not political. It's actually a moral dilemma. But I wouldn't think you could come to that assumption. Race blurs your vision. It seems to be your mantra. 
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 32,119 AG
    edited November 2018 #6
    What moral dilemma? What does race have to do with it?

It appears, from everything I read, that Broward county has a significant volume of mail in ballots and not enough staff to count them. The voter can also wait until the last minute to mail the ballot since they are accepted until 7pm on election day. they have until noon tomorrow to get those ballots counted, 

Broward county definitely needs to change their system of handling mail in ballots with a larger group qualified to count mail in ballots. Every other county can get theirs counted by the next day and Broward should make changes to ensure they can as well. It appears there may be uncounted ballots by the deadline. 

I just hope this doesn't go to a paper recount of every ballot in the state or this crap could go on for another month.

It is a mess, our next governor, whoever he is, needs to have state officials work with Broward County to ensure this never happens again. 

Everyone needs to stop with the stupid conspiracy theory BS. It just feeds the stupidity surrounding this mess. 

whew, don't think there is anything political in that post. 

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

Moral because the individual in charge has been involved and investigated before. Why is she still there?
    edited November 2018 #8
    MGTeacher said:
    Moral because the individual in charge has been involved and investigated before. Why is she still there?
    Who investigated her and when? 

I know Jeb Bush originally appointed her in 2003 and she has been reelected several times. No governor since then has had an issue with her until now and he is hardly impartial. 

Mini Mart Magnate

Cad there have been numerous issues associated with her leadership.  It's not hard to find 
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 8,932 Admiral
    edited November 2018 #10
    MGTeacher said:
    Not political. It's actually a moral dilemma. But I wouldn't think you could come to that assumption. Race blurs your vision. It seems to be your mantra. 
    So you think a thread about votes is not political in nature,
    bless your heart
    edited November 2018 #11
    MGTeacher said:
    Cad there have been numerous issues associated with her leadership.  It's not hard to find 
    Then find me one, I googled your claim and nothing came up showing she had been investigated by any agency,

There was a snafu in 2016 when the company that runs the website screwed up during a test and ran some wrong vote numbers before the polls closed, but the CEO of that company took full responsibility for the error made by his tech. That had nothing to do with her office. It was all I found, 

It is easy to make unfounded claims about someone because you heard some pundits say it was true. 

Mini Mart Magnate

• mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,265 Admiral
    But it was on Fox.......
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
  • NewberryJeffNewberryJeff Posts: 7,447 Admiral
    cadman said:
    MGTeacher said:

I know Jeb Bush originally appointed her in 2003 and she has been reelected several times. No governor since then has had an issue with her until now and he is hardly impartial. 

The Broward elections office has many well documented issues.  Posting results before polls close, sued for leaving amendments off the ballot, staffers campaigning on official time, not getting absentee ballots to voters, etc.  I know this won't change your mind, but for what it's worth:

Circuit Judge Raag Singhal ruled Friday that Snipes wrongly destroyed public records

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/fl-sb-broward-elections-supervisor-broke-law-snipes-canova-20180514-story.html
  • Gary SGary S Posts: 2,207 Captain
    Used to be you had to have reason to get mail in ballot. Now all you have to be is too lazy to go to polling place.
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 6,869 Admiral
    Gary S said:
    Used to be you had to have reason to get mail in ballot. Now all you have to be is too lazy to go to polling place.

Well in some locales, "community activists" seek out people to request mail in ballots. Once received, the activists come back and "help" the folks fill out their ballots and leave a little something ($$) for them for participating in the great American electoral process. 

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• Gary SGary S Posts: 2,207 Captain
    One of the reasons for provisional ballots.
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,726 AG
    I vote in Palm Beach Country.  When I when to vote early Tuesday morning I was greeted by a volunteer that directed me to a table to show my ID and receive a ballot.  My ID (drivers license) was run through a device connected to an iPad for verification.

The volunteer operating the iPad was at least 80 and clearly had little idea how the verification machine worked. She needed help from another worker to get my ID inserted correctly for the process to work. It took 10 minutes for me to get a ballot with my DL as proof of ID.

Clearly a problem.
    Vote for the other candidate
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 9,651 Admiral
    mail in ballots became popular because it doesn't take hours of standing in line waiting to vote …

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
    cadman said:
    MGTeacher said:

The Broward elections office has many well documented issues.  Posting results before polls close, sued for leaving amendments off the ballot, staffers campaigning on official time, not getting absentee ballots to voters, etc.  I know this won't change your mind, but for what it's worth:

Circuit Judge Raag Singhal ruled Friday that Snipes wrongly destroyed public records

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/fl-sb-broward-elections-supervisor-broke-law-snipes-canova-20180514-story.html
    That is not an investigation, that is a lawsuit. but it was worth reading. According to it, the state had their own officials in Broward county this election cycle to make sure there were no irregularities. That should quell any concerns anyone has about this election since state officials are overseeing it. 

Mini Mart Magnate

edited November 2018 #20
    Gary S said:
    I always thought mail in ballots had to arrive before election day to count. They are mailed out in advance, why wait until the last minute? 

Broward county has issues, but I don't believe there is any conspiracy to steal an election and neither did Scott until this election. 

Mini Mart Magnate

Gary S said:

Well in some locales, "community activists" seek out people to request mail in ballots. Once received, the activists come back and "help" the folks fill out their ballots and leave a little something ($$) for them for participating in the great American electoral process. 
    A community activist or whatever came around to the house about a month ago. They knew my brothers name and asked for him. They were trying to find out if he did a mail in ballot and wanted to help if he needed it. He told the guy to get lost. Also told him he voted at the precinct. when I voted this year, right as you turned into the place were democrat supporters handling out flyers telling you how to vote. I complained at the polling place, but they said as long as they were 100 feet away they were legal. I saw a lot of people take their flyer. 

Mini Mart Magnate

Gardawg said:
    mail in ballots became popular because it doesn't take hours of standing in line waiting to vote …

It may be silly, but I take a certain satisfaction in voting in person on election day.
    Mister-Jr said:
    Gardawg said:

It may be silly, but I take a certain satisfaction in voting in person on election day
    Do you have to take a day off work in order to vote?

Yes, I do think it's inane to wait in a long line when you don't need to.

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Gardawg said:
    Mister-Jr said:
    Gardawg said:

It may be silly, but I take a certain satisfaction in voting in person on election day
    Do you have to take a day off work in order to vote?

Yes, I do think it's inane to wait in a long line when you don't need to.

No, I was there at 7 am when the polls opened.  Federal voting days should be a national holiday.
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 12,975 AG
    my wife voted on her lunch break during early voting.  Took her 20 minutes.   Took me 15 because I showed up at 1000 on a Thursday.   
    Like is like a Helicopter.  I do not know how to operate a Helicopter  
    if only they had not decreased the number of early voting days and closed a lot of polling places then maybe it wouldn't be such a delay getting to final tallies.

I'd place the blame on the person(s) responsible for those actions.  guess who that was.

edited November 2018 #27
    How much time do you need to vote?  Here it is two weeks before the election. Florida law lists a minimum number of  8 days and a max of 15 days. Each county sets their own early voting period. 

Mini Mart Magnate

• SpineymanSpineyman Destin, FlPosts: 8,340 Admiral
    Fun here in Broward, we might as sell just not vote and let Brenda Snipes do it for us.

And we have the best process for provisional ballots, if there is a D on their registration, the vote gets counted. If not, Oh well we have to kick some of them out to look legit.
    If they don't remove her and lock her up. It will keep happening. This is not her first offense like this.
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

II Chronicles 7:14
    if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

• aimlowaimlow Stuart? MaybePosts: 17 Greenhorn
    cadman said:
    Gary S said:

A community activist or whatever came around to the house about a month ago. They knew my brothers name and asked for him. They were trying to find out if he did a mail in ballot and wanted to help if he needed it. He told the guy to get lost. Also told him he voted at the precinct. when I voted this year, right as you turned into the place were democrat supporters handling out flyers telling you how to vote. I complained at the polling place, but they said as long as they were 100 feet away they were legal. I saw a lot of people take their flyer. 
    I complained also.  Supervisor told me many of the D activists/sign carriers  were paid.  And yes, beyond a certain distance from the entrance to the polling place, it was legal.
  • 2amigo2amigo Posts: 5,703 Admiral
    edited November 2018 #30
    Copied this.  Not my story but found it interesting.

Gather around voters;
    Want to hear a story about what I witnessed at a Broward County polling site in Plantation, Fl, District 23, late last night?

At approximately 5:30 pm, I asked to witness the closing/tabulation of the vote. At first, they blew me off, and told me I had to wait for an official to arrive to make the decision.
    At 6:30ish, I went back up and said I wasn't asking anymore, I was now demanding to be able to observe.
    The lady was nice enough and agreed to let me in when they closed.
    At a little after 7, she called me to the door, but made me wait until the last voter had left.
    By the time I was allowed to finally enter, (around 7:25) they had already started packing up and had pulled the tabulation tapes from the scanners.
    What I witnessed for the next hour was a room full of people, operating 3 different precincts in the same room, frantically packing everything up and running around looking for things.
    Where's the zero starts?
    Where's the digital drives and the cases.
    Who has the phones? Etc.
    Packing/signing/bagging/boxing.
    It was crazy.
    One lady even asked me if I wanted to help. 😳
    They just wanted out. Quickly.
    What struck me the most was the total lack of "chain of custody".

Everything got sealed with thick plastic zip tie type fasteners.
    There were green, red, and blue ones and they did have numbers on them, but, it didn't seem to matter what color went on what and I did not see anyone logging what number zip tie sealed any given thing.
    These ties were also used to seal the blue bags filled with the paper ballots
    And, one thing that really stuck with me was the fact that ziplock bags of these ties were just laying around on the tables for any one to take. I kept thinking that there really was nothing guaranteeing that those ballot bags couldn't be opened and resealed (with no way of anyone knowing).

Once they posted the results on the door, I started photographing the Congressional race tallies
    It took a little while, but when finished, I headed out to my car.
    As I was leaving, 2 women carrying a box marked "provisional ballots", and a woman with a small cart that had a ballot bag on it came walking back towards the precinct building.
    I was curious and asked them if they were allowed to just walk around with that stuff.
    One lady told me "the truck left these out there."
    I thought, ****?
    So, of course, I took their photos.

As I turned away from them and headed out to the parking lot, I noticed there was a truck at the far end of the parking lot.
    Did she not just tell me it had left?
    I then noticed a long line of cars lined up leading to that truck.
    Watch the video of what was happening.

At the very least, this system is extremely flawed and open every way to Sunday for the possibility of nefarious shenanigans to take place.
    At worst, nefarious shenanigans ARE taking place.

Please make note that our votes are being loaded into a rental truck, not a State Official truck, heading off to parts unknown.
    Please also note that some of the cars delivering the ballots to the truck only have one person in them. Rules dictate that ballots are never to be handled by fewer than 2 election officials at a time.
    I also believe that these ballots are supposed to go straight from the precincts to the Supervisor of Elections warehouse, not driven to another precinct.

I wish I would have waited and followed the truck. How do we even know these ballots ended up where they were supposed to?

This is absolutely absurd and needs to be rectified.
    Election integrity in this County is a joke.
    This is unacceptable and should not be tolerated.

PS Please excuse the ground shots.
    It was so dark where I was standing, I could barely see my screen.

Image may contain car tree and outdoor
    Image may contain one or more people people standing and shoes
    Image may contain one or more people people standing and outdoor

edited November 2018 #31
    So when you vote in Broward county they just use paper ballots and hand count them?

I thought it was like Alachua county where you fill in the scan ballot and then the voter puts it in the machine to count it. it. Once the machine counts it, the back up paper ballots are just there as backup in case a machine fails or they have to do a manual recount.

If the voter puts it in the machine and it is counted, how could switching out counted votes make a difference? 

Mini Mart Magnate