Home Off Topic

Florida State football.

13»

Replies

• cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 33,325 AG
    While you can't argue the Gators were dominant during the Spurrier and Meyer years. I don't think you can claim a dynasty based on our overall win loss record during the period. The best chance of claiming a Dynasty period would be from 1993 to 1998, but that is a short period. 

During the 90s under Bowden FSU only lost 13 games in the entire decade, they never had more than two losses in a season. It was truly a football dynasty during this period of the 90s under Bowden.  In 2001 the dynasty fell and has never fully recovered. 

I would have to say that FSU was a Dynasty during the 90s under Bowden, but have slipped a lot since then and lost a lot of that prestige with Bowden not running the show. 

I am a Gator fan, but facts are facts. 

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 33,325 AG
    Looking at that list with them claiming Miami had a dynasty from 2000 to 2003, then the Gators might have a claim from 93 to 96 with a 45-6-1 playing in the SEC during that period.

You really shouldn't have posted that, That was a bad article.  There are better sources to google than that crap. 

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• MelbourneMarkMelbourneMark Posts: 2,199 Captain
    I stand by my comments that fsu/um have had more years of "national prestige" than that of UF.  
    I am not knocking UF accomplishments at all. 

This year, it looks like UF is better than fsu/um.  Heck, ucf& USf might be better than fsu/um also. 

Time me will tell which of the big 3 Florida schools made the right coaching choices.