Home Off Topic

It's Megan Kelly's turn to be attacked by the PC gestapo.

13»

Replies

• dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 9,129 Admiral
    Mister-Jr said:
     "For all you kids watching at home, Santa just is white, but this person is just arguing that maybe we should also have a black Santa," adding, "But Santa is what he is, and just so you know, we're just debating this because someone wrote about it." 

Hahah, let’s all listen to Meg.

Haha

"Jesus was a white man, too. It's like we have, he's a historical figure that's a verifiable fact, as is Santa, I just want kids to know that. How do you revise it in the middle of the legacy in the story and change Santa from white to black?"
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,752 AG
    edited October 2018 #63
    Mister-Jr said:
     "For all you kids watching at home, Santa just is white, but this person is just arguing that maybe we should also have a black Santa," adding, "But Santa is what he is, and just so you know, we're just debating this because someone wrote about it." 

Hahah, let’s all listen to Meg.

Haha

"Jesus was a white man, too. It's like we have, he's a historical figure that's a verifiable fact, as is Santa, I just want kids to know that. How do you revise it in the middle of the legacy in the story and change Santa from white to black?"
    She literally brings nothing to the table or telecast.  The Jameis Winston of talk TV.
    Vote for the other candidate
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 5,982 Admiral
    edited October 2018 #64
    So Hilary just did an interview where she said, "They all look alike" in reference to Holder, where is the media?
    The audience busted out laughing out loud too. Must be nice.
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.  Will Rogers
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 11,549 AG
    surfman said:
    So Hilary just did an interview where she said, "They all look alike" in reference to Holder, where is the media?
    The audience busted out laughing out loud too. Must be nice.
    It was because she couldn’t tell the difference between him and Booker.
       I thought I would clarify that because the media will not want to report on that, so most people won’t hear it.
        She probably followed that up with, “don’t monkey with me!” At least if she did it will be scrubbed too.
  • Flats2blueFlats2blue Posts: 278 Deckhand
    Megyn Kelly was still on TV; who knew?
  • Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 5,453 Admiral
    kellercl said:
    I don't consider the confederacy American, given they succeeded from the union.  Non American monuments don't belong in this country, so I'm ok with getting rid of them.  People need to get over the confederate States, the war is over, you lost.  And no the south won't rise again.  I don't get the love affair.  

Edit
    Especially when most of the monuments were a by product of the daughters of the confederacy and will constructed decades after the war with a specific agenda in mind.  I've read, not sure if it is true, that Lee has more monuments than Washington... Which is ****ed up, if true that is.

You need to learn a little more about our history to properly comment on this. I'm no lover of the Confederacy, in fact my family wasn't even here at the time, but erasing our history is not the answer.
  • Big BatteryBig Battery Posts: 20,592 AG
    kellercl said:
    I don't consider the confederacy American, given they succeeded from the union.  Non American monuments don't belong in this country, so I'm ok with getting rid of them.  People need to get over the confederate States, the war is over, you lost.  And no the south won't rise again.  I don't get the love affair.  

Edit
    Especially when most of the monuments were a by product of the daughters of the confederacy and will constructed decades after the war with a specific agenda in mind.  I've read, not sure if it is true, that Lee has more monuments than Washington... Which is ****ed up, if true that is.

You need to learn a little more about our history to properly comment on this. I'm no lover of the Confederacy, in fact my family wasn't even here at the time, but erasing our history is not the answer.
    A confederate officer statue put up in the 40's, 50's, or 60's is not about history but about intimidation.
  • kellerclkellercl Posts: 6,402 Admiral
    kellercl said:

Edit

A confederate officer statue put up in the 40's, 50's, or 60's is not about history but about intimidation.
    This.  It wasn't an accident that monuments were erected during the civil rights movement.  It is time to accept reality.  There is a difference between remembering history and honoring it.  

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,010 AG
    ^ what those guys said.
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 7,552 Admiral
    I googled it.  Most confederate statues were erected from 1890-1920.  A few were erected in 1950-60.
  • 1outlaw1outlaw Naples FLPosts: 1,419 Officer
    stc1993 said:
    I googled it.  Most confederate statues were erected from 1890-1920.  A few were erected in 1950-60.
    Appears to be true.
    Jason :USA
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 32,691 AG
    stc1993 said:
    That is true, by the United  Daughters of the Confederacy. 

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• kellerclkellercl Posts: 6,402 Admiral
    And the war was over in 1865, so the monuments were built decades after the war, some darn near a 100 years later...  at some point you have to ask yourself "why."  

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,010 AG
    edited November 2018 #75
    So do Keller's words ring true:  "There is a difference between remembering history and honoring it."

"These were men who by the simple manhood of their lives, by their strict adherence to the principles of right, by their sublime courage and unspeakable sacrifices, even to the heroism of death, have preserved for us through the gloom of defeat a priceless heritage of honor."

Anyone wanna guess where and when those words come from....