Home Off Topic

Dinner last night

ParkerboyParkerboy Posts: 7,048 Admiral
2.4 lb Bone in Ribeye cooked to medium rare.

My diet plate.
Deo Vindice

Replies

• mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,427 Admiral
    edited October 2018 #2
    Did u eat the whole thing?
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 9,129 Admiral
    edited October 2018 #3
  • Tarpon65Tarpon65 Posts: 6,633 Admiral
    Sounds good.  Every couple of months I will pickup a Prime grade cowboy cut from my local butcher, about the same size as yours.  A bit expensive, but worth every penny.  
    Always Do Sober What You Said You'd Do Drunk. That Will Teach You To Keep Your Mouth Shut. - Ernest Hemingway
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 9,075 Moderator
    Homemade chicken and  dumplings,flat .

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 7,551 Admiral
    edited October 2018 #6
    I had some Jack Daniels pulled pork.  It's good for the price.  A 2 lb package is around $10 at Sams. Makes a lot of sandwiches.

The ribeye sounds good my favorite cut.  But I don't think I could eat 2 1/4 lb.
  • Tarpon65Tarpon65 Posts: 6,633 Admiral
    Are you saying flat dumplings?  I prefer those, but my wife likes them fluffy, so I usually end up making them fluffy.  If I didn't have a rack of spares smoking already, this sounds good for dinner tonight with the cooler weather today.
    Always Do Sober What You Said You'd Do Drunk. That Will Teach You To Keep Your Mouth Shut. - Ernest Hemingway
  • AaronCannonAaronCannon Northwest ArkansasPosts: 866 Officer
    edited October 2018 #8
    Steelhead trout and coldwater shrimp grilled, taters and greenbeans.
    Alpha gal allergy, lonestar ticks suck.
    The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.
    Jeff Cooper
  • ParkerboyParkerboy Posts: 7,048 Admiral
    Couldn't get the picture to post from my phone
    Deo Vindice
    Put a 10lb brisket on the smoker @ 6:00 this morning along with 9lb pork but and have 4 racks of St Louis cut ribs to go on. Having a few friends over for dinner.

Made coleslaw and borrocho beans as sides
    Deo Vindice
    Parkerboy said:
    Put a 10lb brisket on the smoker @ 6:00 this morning along with 9lb pork but and have 4 racks of St Louis cut ribs to go on. Having a few friends over for dinner.

Made coleslaw and borrocho beans as sides

Just a couple , huh? :)

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

Tarpon65 said:
    Are you saying flat dumplings?  I prefer those, but my wife likes them fluffy, so I usually end up making them fluffy.  If I didn't have a rack of spares smoking already, this sounds good for dinner tonight with the cooler weather today.

Yeah, flat. I do either one but the date on Mrs. B's flat dumplings was up and I went ahead and used those. Besides, I didn't have any Pioneer Biscuit Mix in the house. They hit the spot for a damp day in the 40's. I usually do flat but I always do drop dumplings on my sauerkraut and roast pork .

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• Team SabatageTeam Sabatage USA, USA, USAPosts: 13,014 AG
    Pacific Lobster.  In a cajun style Jambalaya. 
    Strap me in, tie me down and roll me a bone, I'm getting on an airplane and I'm flying home...
  • wynnvwynnv Posts: 383 Deckhand
    edited October 2018 #14
    Grilled lobster tails...grilled asparagus and carrots...cast iron skillet seared  bone in ribeye with rosemary and garlic butter...salad.....and stone crab for a appetizer. And I will add with the price of the stone crab it might be the last time I buy them this year.
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 7,078 Admiral
    tonight was nerf football size Blackfin tunas steaked in 2" chunks and cooked in coconut milk, calabasa , hot peppers and Asian long beans. It is a Filipino dish called ginataang isda. I also made some triggerfish ceviche as a starter.
    last night was roast pork and the night before was Ensenada style fish tacos made with gray tilefish.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• swampwalkerswampwalker Posts: 2,359 Captain
    You guys are eating "high on the hog" so to speak. Simple tonight: fresh collards seasoned with smoked turkey wing, squash & onions together, peas from this summer, cornbread, and sweet potatoes. Sometimes we like to be heavy on the vegetables..
    The original - "Renaissance Redneck"
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 7,078 Admiral
    You guys are eating "high on the hog" so to speak. Simple tonight: fresh collards seasoned with smoked turkey wing, squash & onions together, peas from this summer, cornbread, and sweet potatoes. Sometimes we like to be heavy on the vegetables..

What is funny is the saying "high on the hog". It seems that now days pork belly often costs more than pork tenderloin. The cheap cuts that were once given to the laborers and/or slaves are more expensive than the premium cuts of a pig. Check out the price of pigs feet, ears, bellies and maws. Neck bones are still reasonable but that may change.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 5,453 Admiral
    Venison with corn bread muffins, gravy and green beans
    Some good eats right there although I use jowl meat or smoked ham hocks
    Deo Vindice
  • JustDaveJustDave Jacksonville FlPosts: 194 Deckhand
    I just made a huge pot of this and vacuum sealed portion size bags of it for hunting camp! When your tired from climbing, killing, dragging, processing game till midnight it is nice to come back and just quickly boil a pot of water on the camp stove and drop a bag of home made chicken and dumplings in. 5 mins you cut the top off and eat it right out of the bag. We do it with chili and beef stew as well! 
    1995 Stratos 2500WA Twin 2013 200HO ETECS! 
    JustDave said:
    I just made a huge pot of this and vacuum sealed portion size bags of it for hunting camp! When your tired from climbing, killing, dragging, processing game till midnight it is nice to come back and just quickly boil a pot of water on the camp stove and drop a bag of home made chicken and dumplings in. 5 mins you cut the top off and eat it right out of the bag. We do it with chili and beef stew as well! 
    I'll do smoked pork butt like that also.

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• CyclistCyclist Posts: 23,346 AG
    Parkerboy said:
    2.4 lb Bone in Ribeye cooked to medium rare.

My diet plate.
    sacrilege!