Need a poor Dad's fishing spot in Duvall county

rbeubankrbeubank Jax southsidePosts: 2 Greenhorn

I only get to see my son every other weekend, and I want him to get the fishing bug. His mom let's TV and computer do all the parenting when he's with her. I used to have a kayak but had to sell it post divorce, so now I'm landlocked. I'm just looking for a spot where I'm sure to catch something - doesn't really matter what it is.

Thanks for any help!

Replies

• JonsredfishinJonsredfishin Posts: 1,723 Captain
    Send me an IM in February after hunting season is over and I’ll be happy to take you and your son out on my boat to catch specks. I’m about an hour south of you. 
    One president put a man on the moon.
    Another president put a man in the Lady's bathroom.
  • Belfast BillBelfast Bill Posts: 56 Greenhorn
    That's what's all about,well done for helping that man.
  • DrKDrK Posts: 242 Deckhand
    The beach right now. Anywhere.  Mullet run is hot
  • C BearC Bear Posts: 7 Greenhorn
    Try Blackrock trail on Talbot Island. Good spot and plenty for your son to explore if the bite is slow.
    Crady Bridge is also a good spot.
    As has been mentioned, the surf . Always had good luck in south Ponte Vedra or the south end of Talbot.
    Good luck
  • rbeubankrbeubank Jax southsidePosts: 2 Greenhorn
    Thanks for the replies everyone!
  • andrewthe1andrewthe1 Posts: 778 Officer
    exxon station in south ponte vedra has bait and rigs, then right across A1A is a decent area to try the shrimp and or fishbites. any small whiting you catch can be cut up or used whole for bigger fish like reds, sharks, blues etc. also if you can throw a net should be some mullet in close
    we need more internet money
  • FlatsMatt96FlatsMatt96 ChuluotaPosts: 1,139 Officer
    My girl lives up in Jax during the summers so when I go to visit her we go fishing down on the beach and I have actually caught a king right off the beach, plenty of whiting and hooked into a nice shark. Jax beach probably has a lot of tarpon moving thru right now as well. Jax beach seems to produce. Another good spot is underneath the bridges theres a lot of reds and black drum that cruise thru the shallow water causeways.
    If youre going to burn a bridge, dont just burn it, use C4 and make a statement.