Tips on Yamaha F150, 2011/12, bought new Nov 5, 2012

austjjaustjj Posts: 67 Greenhorn
TThis exhaust corrosion issue is not anode related. Poor quality aluminum , statement on Yamaha F150. I have 2011 or 2101 engine and worried about what he is saying about quality of aluminum used in theses engines. I am 75 years old boat is and engine 6 year old with 350 hours. I use in saltwater 7 weeks a year. He said to make sure I use salt away when flushing my engine. Should I sell now and buy new Ranger or just keep this outfit. Appreciate any tips or suggestions

Replies

• austjjaustjj Posts: 67 Greenhorn
    What I am looking for is an answer about the Yamaha F150 as it ages and used in saltwater. I have not had one issue with this engine, but worried about the next 4 or 5 years. Its still under extended warranty and maybe I should sell and get one under new engine warranty. Appreciated feedback. If you own a Yamaha  150, how many years used in saltwater and if you had any issues?
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 2,611 Captain
    I’m going on 13 years on mine. No problems so far,, knock on wood
    You should have been here yesterday
  • hardwayhardway Posts: 113 Deckhand
    Have mine almost 20 yrs.  Had to replace the lower unit last year.  Buy  some Boat U.S. insurance  & run it till it quits.  Then you can go ahead with a new outfit.  Capt. George  the 
  • polliwogpolliwog Posts: 228 Deckhand
    If you are  flushing  and using Salt -away you should not have a problem for years.  My 2 stroke VMAX was 20yrs old when it failed to corrosion,BUT it NEVER was flushed,because I had the boat wet slipped it's entire life. Oh I did flush it when it was put away for the winter LOL.
    I appreciate all your replies, I do flush after every use. I also wash boat down with soap and dry as well. I am only in salt 7 weeks each year. I did find nice outfit 2017 all new never titled, at todays price it would be $49k and I can buy for $41k, lacks few things that I like, rip tide bow and alum trailer but still great deal. 
  • FISHHUNTRFISHHUNTR Posts: 1,282 Officer
    I have a 2012 F150 currently @ 1350 hrs used in the salt exclusively no issues here and only flush with plain water
    "FISHUNTR"- 2012 20' Pathfinder, Yamaha F150, HDS gen 3 9T
    Thanks for your input fishhuntr. I have less than 400 hours, so you having 1350 hrs, with no issues just made my day. I have a Ranger, and if I order a new one or buy one in stock, the better prices are on the 4 stroked mercs.