Home Northeast (3 Forums) Northeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

Wednesday 10/17 Roll call!!

Headed out of vilano at first light, as long as the forecast stays somewhat true, we will be pushing east to 130'-160' to do some bottom fishing.  Anybody else headed out?  I'll be on ch72 "KatieLynn"

Replies

• minnowsnmonstersminnowsnmonsters Posts: 382 Deckhand
    Just a heads up the current was smoking on Sunday outside of 135'. We fished out to 165' initially and when we were anchored up our 20 oz weights looked like flatlines out the back. We came back in to 135' and it was manageable. A buddy had fished Friday with little current at that depth but the stream came in closer and it changed quite a bit in just two days. Catch em up.

• StayinLazyStayinLazy Posts: 468 Deckhand
    I appreciate the heads up.  We will see what mother nature allows
  • cftsmokecftsmoke JacksonvillePosts: 300 Deckhand
    Sunday was good up our way but never got past 100.  Short cobia that is still swimming and an unidentified moby **** that spooled my wife after a 15 minute disagreement. Nice day tho, much less than the noaa predicted 3-5. Good luck
    2005 Everglades 290 Pilot.  Twin 250 Verados.
  • StayinLazyStayinLazy Posts: 468 Deckhand
    Just a heads up the current was smoking on Sunday outside of 135'. We fished out to 165' initially and when we were anchored up our 20 oz weights looked like flatlines out the back. We came back in to 135' and it was manageable. A buddy had fished Friday with little current at that depth but the stream came in closer and it changed quite a bit in just two days. Catch em up.

Minnow, I'm not sure if you saw my report, but we made it out to the deep.  170-200'  Current was still stroking.  Tried to anchor which was a chore in itself.  Finally anchored and it took 30 oz right out the back like a flat line.  Just like you said.  We ended up drifting all day.
  • minnowsnmonstersminnowsnmonsters Posts: 382 Deckhand
    Yeah, looked like you guys had a great day despite the current!
    I wanted to get out that day but work had other ideas.