Home Off Topic

Internet Spped Test

124»

Replies

• cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 33,389 AG
    You didn't sign a contract with ATT did you? They usually want to charge a termination fee for dropping them right after a switch and usually have you sing a contract to that effect. It would have been done by email. 

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,763 AG
    cadman said:
    You didn't sign a contract with ATT did you? They usually want to charge a termination fee for dropping them right after a switch and usually have you sing a contract to that effect. It would have been done by email. 
    I don't think so, but I'm not sure.  I did notice the Xfinity now requires a two-year contract. 
    Vote for the other candidate
  • nuevowavonuevowavo Posts: 6,823 Admin
    Mister-Jr said:
    cadman said:
    Be sure to try the picture test both ways and see if the picture is any different. One way uses the internet and the other doesn't according to the site. 
    I have not had the patience today to fool with this today.  I may be sorry in a couple of months, but I think I'm going to call Xfinity and switch back. 
    Before you do, you haven't answered  whether you have a good picture through the hardwired cable box on the new tv. If that reception's bad, it may be the tv's defective
    I just bought the same LG OLED ( 65" E8PUA), and it blows away every other tv picture I've ever seen, both streaming and cable.
    Federales, bring my baby back to me!
    nuevowavo said:
    Mister-Jr said:
    cadman said:
    Be sure to try the picture test both ways and see if the picture is any different. One way uses the internet and the other doesn't according to the site. 
    I have not had the patience today to fool with this today.  I may be sorry in a couple of months, but I think I'm going to call Xfinity and switch back. 
    Before you do, you haven't answered  whether you have a good picture through the hardwired cable box on the new tv. If that reception's bad, it may be the tv's defective
    I just bought the same LG OLED ( 65" E8PUA), and it blows away every other tv picture I've ever seen, both streaming and cable.
    When I check the internet icon in the toolbar on my laptop it shows all the wi-fi networks of my neighbors and their signal strength.  In my home, the signal strength from their network is stronger than the one I'm using.  

Additionally, it may be my imagination at this point, the picture on the TV in the LR seems to have degraded. 

I know how to connect my TVs and computer to the wi-fi in my home, but beyond that, I'm lost.
    cadman said:
    My research confirms you are correct, $180 termination fee.  I'll pay.