Home Ten Thousand Islands General Fishing & The Outdoors

Slammin' @ The Pass (shorties)

Launched Sunday @ the Pass. Water temp was 82.1f. Out to the beach looking for some topwater action. Water had a stained color. Lots of baitfish but small. No hits on the Pop-R or Spook.

Went through Blind Pass to Cape Romano shoreline. Water color much better (nearly clear). No topwater hits so I changed to a blue Yo-Zuri. A few jacks here and there and then finally WEIGHT! Oh yeah, I guess when two 14-inch jacks hit the front and back hooks, there would be weight.......

Into the Morgan River. Water color pretty nice. Managed a few short mangrove snapper on the shrimp tipped white Spro bucktail. Then 2 snook, both 14" long. Continuing on, did get 1 16 inch redfish and a 14-1/4 trout on the jig. Slammin' at the Pass, but could not provide the fish a ride home with me due to their short stature. Did get another snook about 20 inches, a 14 inch redfish and another 14" trout. Lots of jacks and catfish on the jig mixed in.

It was a decent trip but could not get anything large enough to gaze upon. Was hoping the water would have been a wee bit better, but 4 days after Michael may have been to much to hope for. Oh well.

Until next time, hope to see you Buoys and Gulls out in the 10K Islands. Be safe!

Polar 1900 Yamaha 115

Replies