Skip to main content
Home Boating

Restoring a 1987 Biddison 18ft. Anybody know anything about them?

Ajax45Ajax45 Ft. Lauderdale Posts: 7 Greenhorn
Any information about the 1980s company biddison I would be really Appreciated. The hull seems great! Real deep v, high gun whales, and a 8 ft beam. Project is coming along pretty well ( it’s my first boat restoration) I would just love to know a little history. Thanks!

Replies

• larrywittlarrywitt Posts: 2,891 Moderator
    Hope you get a response. We really would like pictures of your project .
    larrywitt
  • Ajax45Ajax45 Ft. Lauderdale Posts: 7 Greenhorn
    Random assortment of pictures so far

• FS DanFS Dan Posts: 2,353 Moderator
    Nice project. Is that Kiwigrip for the nonskid?

Unfortunately thats not one of the companies i'm familar with.

FSD
    Formerly Catmandew
  • Eric BEric B Posts: 134 Deckhand
    My brother had one. Great reputation for being a solid boat with a great ride. comparable reputation to the Dusky back in the day
  • nowinchattnowinchatt Posts: 140 Deckhand
    I appreciate those that have the vision for projects like this. I remember these boats in the late 80s. 8' beam on an 18 footer always intrigued me.
    Thanks for the feedback guys. Ive been working on boats pretty much my whole life but never had one that had my name on the title. I wanted something that I could take out trolling on flat day, and my girlfriend loves to spearfish. I saw this in an ad and said enough, I can do this! and got to work. It’s about 75% there. @FS Dan that’s actually walnut shells I broadcasted on. They were a little rough so after they set I gave them a good sand and sprayed a light coat of primer back over them. Came out with a texture  very comparable to kiwi .
  • Salty Dawg44Salty Dawg44 Homosassa, FLPosts: 1,369 Officer
    Well done..... you will not be disappointed with the outcome. I always liked that feature of the 2 piece console where it is hinged and the whole top section folds off for easy access to work on anything underneath. There was one like that on an older Pursuit 2150 that I restored a few years ago.

MY WORST FEAR......THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL ALL MY BOATS & FISHING GEAR FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I PAID FOR IT.......

I may not always agree with what you say,
    but I will always respect your right to be wrong!
    Got my stainless marine bracket mounted on the back,

• MelbourneMarkMelbourneMark Posts: 3,843 Captain
    Thats a sweet rebuild!  

Are you putting in a new fuel tank?  New power?  
    edited October 2018 #11
    @MelbourneMark yes and yes. I got a 55 gal plastic Moeller ethanol reisitant and all that good stuff. As far as power,  I have a 1999(I believe) mercury 225 2 stroke to put on there
  • FS DanFS Dan Posts: 2,353 Moderator
    with the addition of the bracket, are you planning on enclosing the notched transom?

FSD
    Formerly Catmandew
    Im torn between closing it in or  making a few tracks and cutting a slider out for her.
  • ShelShel Posts: 1,066 Officer
    They were built down in the Tampa area by Mark and Todd Biddison.  I made windshields for them for a couple years (88/89) before they went out of business.  They got hammered like a lot of boat builders did during that 3 year boat depression then.  Last I heard, Mark was working at Seahunter Boats and Todd was working for a fiberglass specialty company.  They were solid boats, well made and designed.  Good luck!
    Thank you! That’s the kind of info I was hoping to get out this thing. Awesome.