Does anyone fish from the beach in Boca during the mullet run?

Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 11,020 AG
I will be down in September, probably the 15th for the BCC/FAU game and I want to catch the mullet run if I can but don't want to trailer the boat down because i've got no place to store it and really don't want to run the beach in a 1720 to begin with.  Was thinking of just hitting the beach at Spanish River park and castnetting some then throwing them back out to see what's biting but if anyone has a better idea I'll listen.    

TIA.
People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.

Replies

• DropTheHammerDropTheHammer East CoastPosts: 556 Officer
    The end of March.

You can try the local pier.

The property tax is calculated by the county and Boca Raton is in Palm Beach County. The 2016 tax rate is 1.295 percent. With a home of $399,990, the property taxes for the year would be $5,180. This is generally billed at the end of the year with it due by March of the following year.
    We all new what we were doing until DropTheHammer showed up.
  • tarponhuntertarponhunter Posts: 334 Deckhand
    Might be a little early for the mullet to show up but who knows it changes every year. Regardless Spanish river park is definitely a good area to target but also the inlet could be a good place to hit up as the bait will stack up in there. If its a little early before the main part of the run starts I would definitely look for places to fish along the intracoastal. Dead end canals and parks can be loaded with finger mullet and pre pod action
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 11,020 AG
    Thanks @tarponhunter

If mid september is a little early we may look at early October.  Trying to get the run to coincide with an FAU game so I can catch that as well. Looks like they play at home October 6th so maybe we'll go down then.   
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • GeeTeeGeeTee Boca RatonPosts: 151 Deckhand
    Soda - im down to get in on the action - i actually logged on to see if there was any mullet action yet ........ Im dying to get bent with some good fish. I'm new here so i haven't fished the mullet run yet either, i feel a couple sick days coming on.
    Be down Saturday morning.    Hopefully they are around and something is chewing on them.  We're going to use 30lb mono leaders i figure that will get the job done, if not we'll have fun retying. 
    And, did ya`ll get bit?
    nothing got skunked 
    Im heading down to West Palm Sunday at first light ....... i believe its going to go down!
  • One DropOne Drop Posts: 164 Deckhand
    Quick update on the bait run.  I'm up in Ormond by the Sea, used to live in Boca but the mullet are moving south for sure and are still moving through my area.  After the last two years of hurricanes the run was off but this year it's a tad behind in my opinion which is awesome because we missed it last year.  Any ways, tons of bait moved through yesterday and at one point on Saturday we had a school as far north and south as the eye could see.  Yesterday was all bluefish, whiting, pompano and sharks up here.  Some tarpon and kingfish skyrocketing on the bait.  Next weekends cold front should have them moving down by you thick.