Home Off Topic

Florida's polluted waters

13»

Replies

• MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 10,438 AG
    mplspug said:
    "Host of factors".  That means mitigating nutrient runoff may have little effect. 

He also said 

Crosby said he is grateful for the much needed funding, “no matter what the timing and the political season.”

“Pointing a finger at an individual in an elected position, in a high elected position, and saying that person is the cause of what we’re experiencing now, is not only naive, but it’s counterproductive,” he said.

“Last time I checked, Rick Scott wasn’t governor in the 1500s, when the Spanish documented massive red tide events and fish kills along the coast,” Crosby later added.

It also might mean it has a signficant effect.  Why argue about it when you don't know?
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 12,595 AG
    Operative word being may.  

I haven't argued against cleaning up nutrient run off and fixing lake O.  In fact I support it.

I am trying to present a bigger picture, because if we focus on 1 factor it MAY have little effect and turn our focus away from other things that should be looked at.

I mean I can basically turn that question around.

Captain Todd Approves

• Billy No MatesBilly No Mates Posts: 3,187 Captain
    Enyar said:

Billy maybe you misinterpreted what I said.

I did. Thanks for clarifying.
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 7,551 Admiral
    Get in an airplane and fly over central Florida and you will see the problem. Or get on google earth satellite and scroll around.
     It's not agriculture.
    50 yrs ago it was.