Why Mod's?

MGTeacherMGTeacher South GaPosts: 1,800 Captain
Why did the Kavanaugh thread get deleted? Why not just go in and delete the posts that stepped over the line? Why not just put the in band camp? 
My Favorite Smile Is Vertical

Replies

• fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,467 AG
    Someone must have felt victimized 
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
  • kellerclkellercl Posts: 4,188 Captain
    If folks would learn to settle down and have some respect, perhaps the mods wouldn't be deleting threads.  
  • MGTeacherMGTeacher South GaPosts: 1,800 Captain
    edited October 2018 #4
    I've been coaching a fast-pitch softball game. I get home and check the forum, and it's gone. I haven't read anything before it was deleted to warrant the delete, so I don't know what was posted. It seems to me the one thread that was on either 24 or 25 pages would have been kept alive. Just crazy!
    My Favorite Smile Is Vertical
    MGTeacher said:
    I've been coaching a fast-pitch softball game. I get home and check the forum, and it's gone. I haven't read anything before it was deleted to warrant the delete, so I don't know what was posted. It seems to me the one thread that was on either 24 or 25 pages would have been kept alive. Just crazy!
    A select few (the usual suspects) decided to turn it into a personal mud slinging pissing contest.  I don't blame the mods, I blame those who clearly lack self control and integrity.
  • ResinheadResinhead Posts: 10,141 AG
    Thanks bike boy
  • Reptile DysfunctionReptile Dysfunction LP - Edge of the Known UniversePosts: 3,291 Captain
    I didn't check the thread for at least a half hour before its demise and I can only imagine what went down.

As usual we'll be told that the topic had run its course and it had no place on a fishing forum. The left must have had their bum handed to them again, that's when threads get removed.

"If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free" - P. J. O'Rourke
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 23,346 AG
    I don't think was me.

133cbf2b243368b1ddb2f591a1988076--beach-posters-florida-travel.jpg
  • Bimini TwistedBimini Twisted Posts: 11,328 AG
    Clearly the membership wants to discuss politics, it was the most popular thread in months in this morgue.  

I guess there was a danger of generating too much traffic and they weren't willing to risk advertisers getting any value at all for their investment in FS.
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 13,290 AG
    You won't get an answer. 

Instead of cleaning up a thread, delete the entire thing. Way it works. 
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 8,628 Admiral
    Why the second thread on it?  That one started very insightfully.

Captain Todd Approves

• treemanjohntreemanjohn Posts: 3,716 Captain
    Cyclist said:
    I don't think was me.

Guilty. More guilty than the party favor Blasey Ford
    We’re like the piggy bank that everybody is robbing, and that ends President Trump
  • Reptile DysfunctionReptile Dysfunction LP - Edge of the Known UniversePosts: 3,291 Captain
    Cyclist said:
    I don't think was me.

I think it was you. I can't remember the time. Not sure of the date. I'm pretty sure it was Florida Sportsman Fishing Forum, but can't say for sure.

Yeah, it was you.
    "If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free" - P. J. O'Rourke
  • sjm1582002sjm1582002 Posts: 4,327 Captain
    They way things are going on this largely forgotten forum the moderators will soon outnumber the moderated.

• joekat46joekat46 North PortPosts: 2,258 Captain
    But the "usual suspects" are still here and will soon be sneaking in back door political posts with impunity.  My favorite is the guy that is usually "disturbed" about something.  Very disturbing. LOL.
  • FishInFLFishInFL Posts: 2,217 Captain
    Sorry guys, it got too political so was told to take it down.  
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 27,427 AG
    edited October 2018 #17
    From what I read of that thread it had turned into one group calling him a lying drunk and the other calling her a lying ****. If you banned those that crossed the line half the people posting on it would be gone. It was not just one or two. 

I was amazed it had not been locked or removed earlier.

Mini Mart Magnate

cadman said:
    From what I read of that thread it had turned into one group calling him a lying drunk and the other calling her a lying ****. If you banned those that crossed the line half the people posting on it would be gone. It was not just one or two. 

I was amazed it had not been locked or removed earlier.
    Agreed on absolutely all points.  Well stated.
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 10,862 AG
    I posted about fumigating the publix ice cream aisle, that was a bridge too far.  
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 5,734 Admiral
    It was fun while it lasted, all good things must come to an end....
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.  Will Rogers
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 10,104 AG
    Maybe it was I? Since I said the Ford broad was a liar and I had zero sympathy for her?
     And it looks like I’m right. 
    2013 Pathfinder 22 TE , 150 Yamaha,
  • frankfrank Posts: 13,292 AG
    It was a boring thread,
    after the first hundred posts everything had already been said 
    No political signature
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 8,818 Admiral
    frank said:
    It was a boring thread,
    after the first hundred posts everything had already been said 
    That’s because you can’t hold your temper in check.
    🤓
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 8,628 Admiral
    I posted about fumigating the publix ice cream aisle, that was a bridge too far.  
    Or the accidental elevator fart post?

Captain Todd Approves

• frankfrank Posts: 13,292 AG
    what are you talking about, I commented twice on that silly thread during the first page then didn’t look at it again: https://forums.floridasportsman.com/discussion/263018/400#latest

for or the record the number of posts or received since the last time I went into it was over 600, what a waste of time 
    No political signature
  • SpineymanSpineyman Posts: 8,124 Admiral
    I think tarponator had the highest post count in that thread. He was cross examining everyone else!
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

II Chronicles 7:14
    if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

Apparently Ford's ex boyfriend thinks she is full of it.  
  • SpineymanSpineyman Posts: 8,124 Admiral
    edited October 2018 #28
    :Apparently

The rain in Spain stays mainly on the plain!
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

II Chronicles 7:14
    if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

• ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 4,051 Moderator
    We give y'all a little leeway from time to time knowing we will be eventually be taken advantage of. Some of you get upset if we leave it up and some of you get upset when it's taken down.

And now some are trying to take this thread in the same direction.

." why would someone want to be a moderator in the first place?"

"There is no compensation for that task other than the satisfaction one might get from being an ***."

mindyabizness

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 10,862 AG
    mplspug said:
    Or the accidental elevator fart post?
    yea that too.   we can talk monetary policy all day long, but rip one air biscuit and it's all over. 
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • Bimini TwistedBimini Twisted Posts: 11,328 AG
    We give y'all a little leeway from time to time knowing we will be eventually be taken advantage of. Some of you get upset if we leave it up and some of you get upset when it's taken down.

And now some are trying to take this thread in the same direction.

Regardless, the fact still stands that political posts are, by far, the most popular of the entire forum and the numbers clearly demonstrate member content preferences.