Home Big Bend General Fishing & The Outdoors

Shore fishing Tidal creeks from Ceder Keys to Keaton Beach

Bear with me it been a long time between posting for me. Took me two hours figuring out how to post a picture.  Probably posting way to many pictures of the beautiful tidal creeks the Big Bend area got to offer.  But I need the practice.  The older guys know me from the past that I post more photos of other things than fish  I blame the fish..    I been mainly since my retirement, 3 months, going on shore fishing trip,  I have a nice boat but it been to hot to use. .I been mostly fishing tidal creeks.  mainly fishing  between Cedar Keys and Keaton Beach one day a week with cut bait and shrimps  I had some days where nothing was interested in my bait  but a catfish or two, and several where on every cast you got a hit.  Several time I caught nice reds on the first cast between 20 inches and 24 inches.  Most of the time the reds are small between 12 and 16 inches but fun to catch  andother gulf fish,but no trout in the summer, and my fair share of catfish.  Just find a tidal creek where the water is moving fast when the tide is changing. and use a light jighead with a shrimp on it and cast out in the middle and hold the rod tip up, to keep it off the bottom and let it float with the current.  Last time out I got a hit on every cast .  Fishing from shore has some advantages, The boat don.t get dirty, less time spent on the trip leaving time to explode and take some photos. Image may contain outdoor and waterImage may contain outdoor and waterImage may contain outdoor water and natureImage may contain sky cloud outdoor nature and waterImage may contain cloud sky ocean outdoor nature and waterImage may contain cloud sky outdoor nature and waterImage may contain sky tree plant cloud grass outdoor nature and waterImage may contain sky tree cloud mountain outdoor and natureImage may contain cloud sky tree outdoor nature and waterImage may contain sky tree cloud plant outdoor and natureImage may contain sky tree cloud plant grass outdoor nature and water

Replies