Home Buy, Sell and Trade

1998 32 Luhrs Open w Yanmars

dpdashdpdash Posts: 5,359 Admiral
After owning this boat for 14 years it is time to let someone else enjoy her. We are the third owners, first had her a couple years, I bought her from a friend of mine in Homestead in 2004 and have taken her all over the Bahamas-Bimini, West End, Great Harbor, Chub, Abaco’s, Walkers, Keys and South Florida. We are a family of four and have spent up to 17 days straight on her in the islands.
You will buy this boat because of the engine room. I have meticulously maintained her in top shape, have all service records, and we have just completed a major engine room refit, engine and generator out, holding and water tanks out, complete repaint, new wiring, relocated all pumps, racors, batteries and service items so you can get to them easily. Starboard engine was removed and rebuilt, new pistons, rings, sleeves turbo etc due to an oil leak which scored a cylinder. Generator removed and completely rebuilt including the back end. Both engines and gen set had all coolers, oil, transmission, heat exchanger, air charge cooler removed, sent out for cleaning, pressure testing and reinstalled. Port engine turbo rebuilt, starboard engine new turbo. Port engine 2300 hours, Starboard 10 hours, Generator 10 hours. There is nothing in between the engines to get in your way which makes working in the engine room very easy. Yanmars are the smallest engines put in this boat which gives you the most room to work. Gelcoat in excellent shape. Tower aluminum in excellent shape. Eisenglass enclosure 4 years old, in excellent shape. Search my screen name on THT and you will see a history of the boat, my comments and opinions.

Important Specs
Yanmar 6LYA-UTE 315 HP, call Mastry(Yanmar Distributor) in Tampa and ask the service manager about the reputation of this model
Kohler 5EOZ generator
cruise 20-22 knts, burning 11-12 GPH a side, average 1 MPG, verified with digital Floscan gauges. .85-.9 MPG at cruise, much better obviously at trolling speed. I keep a miles traveled log on the GPS and usually get a gallon per mile traveled.
340 gallon fuel tank, reported 300 useable, I’ve added longer pickup tubes but have never put more than 275 gal in
two 30 gallon water tanks
20 gallon holding tank, new, much bigger than standard 
16k AC approx 5 years old
Glenndining engine synchronizer 
All new pumps, fresh/salt/macerator
Furuno 12k open array Radar w Nav1 screen
Raymarine E120 chart plotter w depth B260 thruhull 1k transducer
Raymarine Autopilot
Digital Flowscan fuel management and tachometers
Three engine room cameras displayed on E120
Lumitec engine room LED lighting
Colored Lumitec helm accent lighting, red, blue, purple, white
12v/120v Fridge/freezer
microwave
hotwater heater
dive platform
white transom mount underwater lights
windlass
Live bait well with custom lid to stop sloshing
tons of storage everywhere

We are selling her to move up to a larger sportfish. Boat is located in Pompano Beach FL. $64,500. Boat needs a bottom job, last done in 2016. I have the Propspeed kit, we have used Micron CSC in past. Rub rail down needs wax, done when out of water next. E120 has a line through screen, does not impair use, can be repaired for $400 but realistically electronics are somewhat outdated. Radar works great but screen on Navnet 1 is dark, backlight issue, again a replacement can be easily bought, radar is fine. Everything works, every switch, pump etc. Ready to go to the islands tomorrow.  [email protected]954-818-2618.

https://www.thehulltruth.com/boats-sale-wanted/959266-1998-32-luhrs-open-w-yanmars.html#post11791922

Replies