Home Off Topic

Go Bucs beat the Steelers

2»

Replies

• Billy No MatesBilly No Mates Posts: 3,191 Captain
    kellercl said:
    I wouldn't hang my hat on Fitz being the future.
    Too bad. He seems like an amiable bloke and the other players seem to rally around him.
  • kellerclkellercl Posts: 6,711 Admiral
    kellercl said:
    I wouldn't hang my hat on Fitz being the future.
    Too bad. He seems like an amiable bloke and the other players seem to rally around him.
    I would love to see him do well, but Fitz is on his 7th team for a reason.  

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,763 AG
    I have never been a fan of Winston because of the character issues he seems to have.  I don't want a guy like that, for that kind of money, to be the leader of my team.   I would look to trade Winston for the highest draft choice I could get and use that to draft another QB next year.  I would finish this season with Fitz. 

Vote for the other candidate
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 13,570 AG
    Mister-Jr said:
    I have never been a fan of Winston because of the character issues he seems to have.  I don't want a guy like that, for that kind of money, to be the leader of my team.   I would look to trade Winston for the highest draft choice I could get and use that to draft another QB next year.  I would finish this season with Fitz. 

This is not a good year to draft a QB.   There's Drew Lock from Missouri, Will Grier from WVU, and those guys would be 2nd round picks in 2018.   Ryan Finley....maybe, but he's not a strong armed QB.   

It will be a good year to take a chance on a developmental guy like the kid from Ball State, he may have NFL potential.   But there isn't a guy in this draft who I'd spend a 1st round pick on.  let alone top 10 
    Like is like a Helicopter.  I do not know how to operate a Helicopter  
  • Reel TealReel Teal Posts: 3,962 Captain
    Mister-Jr said:

This is not a good year to draft a QB.   There's Drew Lock from Missouri, Will Grier from WVU, and those guys would be 2nd round picks in 2018.   Ryan Finley....maybe, but he's not a strong armed QB.   

It will be a good year to take a chance on a developmental guy like the kid from Ball State, he may have NFL potential.   But there isn't a guy in this draft who I'd spend a 1st round pick on.  let alone top 10 
    But you know someone will....
    of course someone will, I imagine a couple teams will.   
  • 2amigo2amigo Posts: 5,973 Admiral
    I posted this earlier.  Fitz might keep the job temporarily after the suspension is over but Winston is there long term and you should want him to be there.  Fitz is not in their plans long term especially not as a starter.  This pattern is typical Fitzpatrick.  QB's are hard to come by in the NFL.   Winston has been highly supportive of Fitz during this time and has taken his suspension well.  No sulking whatsoever. 
    Mister-Jr said:  I would look to trade Winston for the highest draft choice I could get and use that to draft another QB next year.  I would finish this season with Fitz. 

As a Bucs fan im glad your oopinion doest mater. You don’t trade a Framchise QB. They are too far and few between.  Winston isn’t going anywhere! I wouldn’t be surprised if they traded Fitz though. 
    I would start Jameis next week at Chicago and let him dance with Khalil Mack all day and see what happens.  Franchise quarterback, ha!
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,506 Admiral
    Mister-Jr said:

The Bucs need to consider this carefully. You don't want to wind up with a pathetic loser like Josh Allen.
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
  • Billy No MatesBilly No Mates Posts: 3,191 Captain
    On a side note the announcer on the left (Jason something?) was horrible. He said the Bucs had a manageable third down when it was 3rd and 14 yards to go.
    Mister-Jr said:

The Bucs need to consider this carefully. You don't want to wind up with a pathetic loser like Josh Allen.
    He's a better QB than Winson right now on and off the field :D  
  • frankfrank Posts: 13,292 AG
    Mister-Jr said:  I would look to trade Winston for the highest draft choice I could get and use that to draft another QB next year.  I would finish this season with Fitz. 

As a Bucs fan im glad your oopinion doest mater. You don’t trade a Framchise QB. They are too far and few between.  Winston isn’t going anywhere! I wouldn’t be surprised if they traded Fitz though. 
    Winston is not franchise material, he can go 
    and you're no Bucs fan 

they'll eventually cut or trade Fitzpatrick, he's not the future, but he could work for this season 
    @frank
    I think the Bucs will give him at least two more chances, this season, and next year.   To prove he isn't a franchise QB numbers wise.  He needs to get in there and actually lead that offense though.  I don't see them moving on from him until he fails, or screws up big time. I don't see him screwing up off the field anymore,I think he learned his lesson and I think he might finally be maturing.  But he's always one bad decision away.   

If I were the Bucs however, i'd be looking to take a QB in the 2nd round of this draft.   It doesn't day "Jameis we don't believe in you" it says " we need a quality backup" but we all know that quality backup can develop into a starter.  
     Over the Buccaneers’ last 12 games, Fitzpatrick and Winston have each started six. In the six games started by Fitzpatrick, the Bucs are 4-2. In the six games started by Winston, the Bucs are 1-5. Winston has averaged 275.2 yards per game and thrown nine touchdown passes. Fitzpatrick has averaged 329.2 yards per game and thrown 14 touchdown passes.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/25/ryan-fitzpatrick-has-been-outplaying-jameis-winston-for-two-years/
  • MGTeacherMGTeacher South GaPosts: 1,800 Captain
    On a side note the announcer on the left (Jason something?) was horrible. He said the Bucs had a manageable third down when it was 3rd and 14 yards to go.
    Jason Witten, newly retired TE from Dallas.
    MGTeacher said:
    Jason Witten, newly retired TE from Dallas.
    Romo is the best announcer currently calling games.  he's a delight to listen to.
    Mister-Jr said:

He's not half of the QB than Fitzpatrick is right now on and off the field :D  
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
    edited September 2018 #49
    Mister-Jr said:

I mean he hasn't thrown half the interceptions so yea I get it.   And he's started 2 games to fitzpatrick's 50+.   But I guess if you want to say he's not Fitzpatrick I'll take that as a complement seeing as Fitz has played for 7 teams in his career been a backup everywhere he went and eventually benched and released.   Not sure why you decided to bring Allen into this at all any way other than trying to go off topic.   Oh wait I know, you like to follow me around threads and try to instigate.   you poor little man.  

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24786280/nfl-best-worst-quarterbacks-week-3-2018-season-total-qbr
    Mister-Jr said:

I mean he hasn't thrown half the interceptions so yea I get it.   And he's started 2 games to fitzpatrick's 50+.   But I guess if you want to say he's not Fitzpatrick I'll take that as a complement seeing as Fitz has played for 7 teams in his career been a backup everywhere he went and eventually benched and released.   Not sure why you decided to bring Allen into this at all any way other than trying to go off topic.   Oh wait I know, you like to follow me around threads and try to instigate.   you poor little man.  

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24786280/nfl-best-worst-quarterbacks-week-3-2018-season-total-qbr
    https://www.nfl.com/prospects/josh-allen?id=32462018-0002-5600-29bc-8750224414bd
    wow....that's riveting..... I guess they got it right when Tom Brady was drafted 199th overall too huh?  Or Russell Wilson in the 3rd round?   Or Kurt Warner going undrafted, or Tony Romo.

Clearly QBs never overcome draft ratings from people who have never done anything but watch the game.   

And of course they were right about Ryan Leaf/Jamarcus Russell/Tim Couch/David Carr too right @mindyabiness

Stick to something else, football knowledge is not your strong suit. 
  • kellerclkellercl Posts: 6,711 Admiral
    Jamarcus Russel, I forgot all about him.  What a cluster his career turned out to be.

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
    kellercl said:
    Jamarcus Russel, I forgot all about him.  What a cluster his career turned out to be.
    I think he is in the hot dog eating contest with Refrigerator Perry every 4th of july now.   He was 290lbs his 3rd year in the league.   
    wow....that's riveting..... I guess they got it right when Tom Brady was drafted 199th overall too huh?  Or Russell Wilson in the 3rd round?   Or Kurt Warner going undrafted, or Tony Romo.

Clearly QBs never overcome draft ratings from people who have never done anything but watch the game.   

And of course they were right about Ryan Leaf/Jamarcus Russell/Tim Couch/David Carr too right @mindyabiness

Stick to something else, football knowledge is not your strong suit. 
    Marv Levy said he would come back.....He's only 92.

It could happen...