Skirts with leader storage

JoyTimeJoyTime Posts: 35 Greenhorn
Anyone have any good ideas on how to store skirt lures on your boat after use? After changing to different colors, I don’t like to just toss them into a locker with the leader coiled up. After a couple hours bouncing around in there, they look like multi colored wig tangled in wire.  Photos would help.  Thanks 

Replies

• hatcityhatcity Posts: 3,030 Captain
    wrap them up individually and place into sandwich bags
    I was not born stupid, just had lots of practice
  • JoyTimeJoyTime Posts: 35 Greenhorn
    Thank you, guess I don’t need a pic of that...lol
  • BigTomBigTom Posts: 48 Greenhorn
    I use leader wheels, you can put 3 rigs on each and they keep the leader and lures secure and neat. I usually put them in a bucket and rinse them after trip.
  • Salty Dawg44Salty Dawg44 Homosassa, FLPosts: 941 Officer
    Yep..... Zip-Loc bags.

MY WORST FEAR......THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL ALL MY BOATS & FISHING GEAR FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I PAID FOR IT.......

I may not always agree with what you say,
    but I will always respect your right to be wrong!
  • pjepje Orlando , FlPosts: 665 Officer
    edited September 2018 #6
    I coil the leader and hang them inside a bucket , then rinse at home . I don't put them back in the lure bags until after rinsing and drying thoroughly . 

I use these to wrap the leaders  http://www.blackbartlures.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16974&cat=294&page=
    Thanks folks.  Tight lines!
  • flyrodorbustflyrodorbust Posts: 35 Greenhorn
    Cut a piece of pool swim noodles 12” long. Then cut around the column every 2” a shallow 1/8” deep cut. Wrap your leader into the cut. Can hold 5 leaders per piece. I like the hexagonal noodles so they don’t roll around. Put some egg sinkers inside the middle to keep them from flying off your dash or deck at speed or windy conditions.
    Dang I love those noodles. Thank you
  • BwarrenBwarren Posts: 29 Greenhorn
    Yes x2 to the pool noodle. I cut them about a foot long and can wrap at least 6 rigs around them. Then you can just rinse them all off at once when you get back as well. 
  • Al BundyAl Bundy Posts: 239 Deckhand
    I took a 5 gallon bucket and notched out the top and hang lures by the hook....

Don't judge me for my rusty hooks...they're sharpened up.  In hind sight I would make the notches a little more shallow so I could use a lid, as it is there is too much play.  Either way, works great for a day trip or longer bahamas trip.  Easy to carry into and store in the garage.
    I knew y’all would have some great ideas