Home Northwest General Fishing & The Outdoors

Rhett

SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 5,268 Admiral
Message from Rhett's stepmother on Facebook

Hey everyone
This is Debby Whitley, Rhett’s stepmother. Rhett has asked me to send this post to his friends. 
Rhett is presently in Piedmont Hospital in Atlanta and has gone into complete liver and real failure. 
He is not a candidate for a liver transplant and will be returning to Moultrie to our home with support of Hospice hopefully today. 
He is very weak and has asked that you all contact me as he is not feeling well enough to talk or text. 
Please remember sweet Rhett and our family in your prayers. We are praying for peace and comfort. 
You can contact me via messenger on Facebook and I will send you my cell number. 
Rhett and our family love you all. 
Debby Whitley
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you

Replies

• BayBobBayBob Posts: 865 Officer
    Oh man. Prayers.
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 14,457 AG
    Dang. I hate to read this.. Prayers of comfort and support for Rhett, family and friends.
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • trout069trout069 Posts: 5,080 Admiral
    Sad news.Prayers for Rhett and family. 
  • FamilyfisherFamilyfisher Posts: 2,993 Captain
    Bad news for sure.  Always enjoyed hanging around with Rhett when we had the chance.  Prayers for comfort and peace.
    Proverbs 13:3
  • kgfisherkgfisher Posts: 644 Officer
    edited September 2018 #6
    Very sad. Only got to fish with him once but we had a great time and it was a pleasure getting to know him. Prayers for comfort and peace. 
    "The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore"

- Vincent Van Gogh

2215GAG3.jpg
  • MulletMullet Posts: 2,396 Moderator
    Just ****. Never a good time, but way too soon.
  • fsuwxmanfsuwxman Posts: 1,285 Officer
    Man I absolutely hate to hear this. 
    2015 FS Northwest Forum NASCAR Champion
  • brotherinlawbrotherinlaw Posts: 3,540 Captain
    Never had the pleasure to fish with Rhett, but we survived many bashes and sausage grindings together. He will be missed. Prayers for all.
  • skyway andeskyway ande Posts: 3,813 Captain
    I hated to see this posted in fb, as well.
    He has had a tough time over the past couple months, and didn't share much about it.
    There was a fluid drain on last week or week before.
    I know he is really tired of the hospital stays.
    He is one of the good guys.
    I wish he would have shared more of that here.
    God, Bless you Rhett.
    Amen!
    God, save the South!
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 7,834 Moderator
    Terrible, terrible news. I kind of knew things were not good but this is terrible. Thoughts and prayers to the family and especially to Rhett. God Bless you Buddy. 

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• swampwalkerswampwalker Posts: 2,359 Captain
    Oh no! Don't know Rhett or family - but I do know the pain of a family illness. Prayers & peace...
    The original - "Renaissance Redneck"
  • illinoisfishermanillinoisfisherman Posts: 5,312 Admiral
    This is very sad indeed. Best wishes and prayers.
  • billybobbillybob Posts: 926 Officer
    Sad news.  Prayers for peace rest and comfort for all 
    This is weighing heavy on my heart. Liver failure/serious liver issues. He's too young. He's the 3rd person that I know that this has  happened to in the last 3 months. One being really close to me and a family member. Alcohol is the cause of the ones I know. I can't imagine being in his shoes, knowing the end is coming and nothing can be done. I pray he is ready. It's got to be hard to take in.  I pray that he is a saved man and I pray for his family, friends and for Rhettley. God Bless you Brother. 

Sough- I don't do FB but please let his family know that he and they are in our thoughts and prayers.  
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • CranfieldCranfield Posts: 1,474 Officer
    Such very sad news, I was wondering a few days ago why we hadn't seen him around, but I never suspected something like this.
    We are losing too many good friends.
    Prayers for Rhett and his family, may he have peace.
  • tapatetapate Posts: 5,263 Admiral
    Terrible news. Just awful. Prayers to Rhett and his family. 

• LiveLineLiveLine Wakulla County, FloridaPosts: 1,917 Captain
    Sad news to hear....he was always pleasant to be around...

Prayers
  • skyway andeskyway ande Posts: 3,813 Captain
    Update on Rhett:
    This is Debby Whitley again with an update. 
    Rhett is still at Piedmont Hospital in Atlanta and we should be able to take him home today. We are waiting for ambulance transportation. He will be going to our home in Moultrie with Hospice providing support. 
    Rhett is beginning to have a lot of pain and has asked that you please contact us as he is not able to reply. You are welcome to contact me at Debby Stripling Whitley Facebook page messenger or text me at 229- 891-6583. 
    I read all the messages that you send to Rhett and he appreciates it. 
    Rhett is extremely sick and needs prayers for comfort and peace. We are relying on our Lord to help us through as He is the Great Physician. 
    Thank to everyone. We love you
    Debby Whitley
    Posted in fb 20 minutes ago.
    God, save the South!
  • SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 5,268 Admiral
    Ande saw it before I, Thanks Ande.

I messenger-ed Mrs Debbie and pasted the link to this page. She responded with a sincere Thank You 
  • Old DogOld Dog Posts: 552 Officer
    edited September 2018 #21
    I hate to hear this. Rhett has been on this forum for many years. I think I've been on here for about 18 years, or more and believe he has been on about as long. I loved following his posts years ago. Prayers for his loved ones and friends.
    OD
  • trout069trout069 Posts: 5,080 Admiral
    Prayers for Rhett again. Lurked for a long time. When he was active many moons ago , sister needed a hound. As he seem to end up with quite a few dirt road drop offs,msged him. Seems like nearly every abandoned hound in sowega ended up on his road and he found a home for them.
  • Spanky DunlapSpanky Dunlap Posts: 696 Officer
    I'm sorry I never met him. A man who finds a home for stray animals will surely have a special place in heaven. Prayers for him and his family. 

• fsuwxmanfsuwxman Posts: 1,285 Officer
    edited September 2018 #24
    Just NAMAW. Had the pleasure of meeting him once many years ago. Stand up fella and sure gonna miss him. 
    2015 FS Northwest Forum NASCAR Champion
  • FamilyfisherFamilyfisher Posts: 2,993 Captain
    Just saw that Rhett passed away about 11 last night.  No details on arrangements yet.
    Proverbs 13:3
    Hate to hear, but at least he is out of pain.

It is with heavy heart that we let you all know that our sweet Rhett entered the gates of heaven around 11 pm this evening. 
    Although the journey was short it was very difficult. 
    Thank you so much for all the prayers, visits and calls. We will post details later.

• ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 7,834 Moderator
    Thanks for posting Slough. It makes for a somber day.

Please let us know what the arrangements are.

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• MulletMullet Posts: 2,396 Moderator
    edited September 2018 #29
    Way too soon.  I recall Rhett telling my he had damaged organs from way overuse of NSAIDs and Tylenol when he was younger. People don't think about this because the meds are OTC. Be aware they are still medications that should be used sparingly.
  • LiveLineLiveLine Wakulla County, FloridaPosts: 1,917 Captain
    God bless his family  o:)

Hate to hear this. At least the suffering is over. Prayers.