Reds in the Creeks 9.2.18

It's labor day weekend, so we knew better than to take the boat out. Instead we took our kayaks to one of our favorite creeks. The finger mullet were everywhere, and very easy to net. We caught a lot of reds, and a few other fish too.

We were actually able to catch 4 slot reds, and brought them home for dinner.

And for the YT fishing video addicts (like me), here you go...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxmaVa-nK_w

- Joey

Replies

• greencoveGgreencoveG Posts: 95 Greenhorn
    Man, what an awesome video, I watched the whole thing and I usually click off.  Perfect day!  Trying to teach my son how to use a baitcaster, still on the zebco lol.  Nice freaking fish man!  Good dad ;)
  • JtgaviganJtgavigan Posts: 27 Greenhorn
    My boys are a little older, but I really enjoy getting out on the yak with them. Great video and nice fish!
  • Stevo1111Stevo1111 Posts: 56 Greenhorn
    Slot reds have been busting the bait in my creek out back, off of Mill Cove. My boys are 2 and 4, so they don't have the patience to wait for them yet. What amazes me is that a 24" fish will go into a 10" deep creek half a mile looking for bait. Well done man!! 
  • ladderslugladderslug NocateePosts: 221 Deckhand
    Nice day fishing with your boys. Congrats.
  • Sea-SquatchSea-Squatch Posts: 1,657 Captain
    Man, what an awesome video, I watched the whole thing and I usually click off.  Perfect day!  Trying to teach my son how to use a baitcaster, still on the zebco lol.  Nice freaking fish man!  Good dad ;)

Wow, thanks for the kind words! I think a lot of us started on those Zebcos.

Jtgavigan said:
    My boys are a little older, but I really enjoy getting out on the yak with them. Great video and nice fish!

Thanks! Kayaking is a lot of fun, and it's amazing how close you can get to wading birds.

Stevo1111 said:
    Slot reds have been busting the bait in my creek out back, off of Mill Cove. My boys are 2 and 4, so they don't have the patience to wait for them yet. What amazes me is that a 24" fish will go into a 10" deep creek half a mile looking for bait. Well done man!! 

Thanks! Watching a big red work a shallow creek is pretty cool!

Nice day fishing with your boys. Congrats.

Thank you very much!