Catch and cook Snapper Video, Hello from New Zealand

GCjetskiGCjetski New ZealandPosts: 25 Greenhorn
New forum member here from New Zealand, here is my first attempt at a catch and cook style video. Catching Snapper on soft plastics!

Replies

• conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 4,391 Captain
    edited August 2018 #2
    Welcome to Florida Sportsman. New Zealand is one place I want to visit before I croak. Nice video. What you call Snapper are similar to what we call Porgies and in some places of the world they call Sea Bream. I have also steamed fish like that "Chinese" style.
    I also drink Heineken. :)

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• GCjetskiGCjetski New ZealandPosts: 25 Greenhorn
    It seems we have a lot in common! all good things however. New Zealand is a great place for fishing, and many other things but the fishing is the important part haha
  • MuskiemanNCMuskiemanNC Posts: 125 Deckhand
    How does fishing vary between the North island and the South island?

Thanks
  • GCjetskiGCjetski New ZealandPosts: 25 Greenhorn
    The top of the south is not too diferent from the north island, but the further down the south island you go the less in common the two islands have. The far north of the north island is renowned for extremely good fishing, and has many more game fish opportunities. 
  • TaylormadeTaylormade Posts: 60 Greenhorn
    My Mom (Mum)'s from NZ and we go back frequently. LOVE LOVE LOVE it there. She's from Timaru but as she's one of 11 kids, we have family scattered all over both islands. Very jealous! 
  • blakhawkdocblakhawkdoc Posts: 212 Deckhand
    Thanks for sharing your video.
  • MuskiemanNCMuskiemanNC Posts: 125 Deckhand
    Thanks

Nice fish