Rule bilge pump with water sensor

Anyone having trouble with the Rule 750A pump with the water sensor (no float switch) that continually turns on and off with no water present. 
Thanks,
C-note

Replies

• skipskip Posts: 8 Greenhorn

Yes, Just had one replaced under warranty. Painless after I talked to Patti. Her contact Information below. I had to send her email copy of receipt and they shipped a new one to me. I got new one in about a week.

Patti Alongi

Customer Service Rep

xylem

100 Cummings Center

Suite 535N

Beverly, MA  01915

Phone 978-282-5254

Fax 978-282-4320

For technical questions and data sheets check out www.jabscotech.com

• Morocco_madnessMorocco_madness Posts: 2,782 Captain
    Everything Rule makes has turned to junk.
  • c-notec-note Posts: 64 Greenhorn
    I agree, switching to another brand with a float.
  • DoradoDreaminDoradoDreamin Posts: 1,913 Captain
    The one's with a water sensor (no float switch) will kill your batteries because they constantly use power to check for water.  We will only buy one with the actual float switch (which is a manual on/off switch).  So even if they sent you a replacement of the kind with the water sensor, get rid of that thing.
  • BoattronicsBoattronics Posts: 5,098 Admiral
    edited August 15 #6
    I don't recommend using any model with internal float or sensor.

Buy a manual pump and install a Johnson digital "ultima" switch.

If I put one of these in your boat, it's free replacement for life. Guess why? I've never replaced one. No moving parts, sealed design, roughly the same cost, it's a total no brainer. I realize these are strong words.... take em to the bank.
    Tony Eden-
    Certified, licsensed and insured, Marine Electronics and rigging master, and "Dream boat" build winner with 20 years of professional experience.
    Boattronics.net
    Over 80 seperate, recent reviews from captains on this forum-
    http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?5295-Recent-Boattronics-reviews!
    Please call with any questions or a free estimate for the lowest price/best work available!
    904-545-1270
  • knot tightknot tight Posts: 244 Deckhand
    Tony,

I hate to be that guy but I did actually have one of those ultimas go bad.  I was surprised also but with my luck I get it.  I know they are superior and replaced with a new one.  All connections were 100 solid with no corrosion.  I even cut it out and twisted the wires to test it.  I agree its by far the best option though.

• BoattronicsBoattronics Posts: 5,098 Admiral
    ****! Lol
    Tony Eden-
    Certified, licsensed and insured, Marine Electronics and rigging master, and "Dream boat" build winner with 20 years of professional experience.
    Boattronics.net
    Over 80 seperate, recent reviews from captains on this forum-
    http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?5295-Recent-Boattronics-reviews!
    Please call with any questions or a free estimate for the lowest price/best work available!
    904-545-1270