Inshore; After the Morning Bite???

After a good early morning bite Thursday, things just shut down (again).  I'm normally the first boat at the ramp being out before sunrise.  This time of year I'll start at a very shallow portion of a grass flat and normally swim bait the big trout.  After that the area is spooked and I'll move on.  I'll then swim bait snook and can normally get a few until the sun starts to heat things up.  After that the fishing gets very slow.  I typically like to fish about 8-10 hours, but not when it's slow.  Any suggestions on what to fish for after the summer morning bite in the heat of the day?

Thanks,
John  

Replies

• Capt Dan MedinaCapt Dan Medina Posts: 795 Officer
    find moving water close to the passes with shade and you can keep a bite going... otherwise, gotta wait till the afternoon/sunset bite... 
    www.SaltyFishingCharters.com 33 Ft World Cat Tournament Edition Catamaran
    Offshore Fishing Charters FT Myers, Sanibel, Captiva, Cape Coral
  • NoreastSalt3295NoreastSalt3295 Posts: 606 Officer
    I've been facing the same problems, I like to make a day out of taking the boat out and things just shut down completely in the bays/flats once the sun gets up. There are still some snook and snapper to be caught under docks on the strong tides around the passes, but not much going on out there.
  • permit_mepermit_me Posts: 1,052 Officer
    hit channel markers with jigs. tripletail might just be home even if you cant see em.  running markers or bouy lines also helps keep cool when running. macks and jacks in passes as tide slows and flips.