Skip to main content
Home Tropics

west end fishing advice

2»

Replies

• ScottNKerrieScottNKerrie Posts: 85 Greenhorn
    So any suggestions on storing flats of sardines or large amounts of bait for tuna chunking at obb? Last year i tried using a basic cooler keeping a small amount of bait in the shade iced down but after a couple days it was getting crappy.Tring to figue an easy solution for a week. Dry ice, high end cooler any ideas appreciated.  

Anywhere to purchase chunk bait in west end?

Although I have never read anything about trolling up barracuda and using it for tuna chunking. is this a decent bait for that type of fishing?

Thanks guys for any suggestions 
    We put a Engel 240 on the bow full of blocks of ice we get directly for the ice company in Stuart. We keep the bait in a large plastic bin and the blocks will keep the bait cold and we usually have about 50 percent loss after 5 days. We also use it as a fish box so it does get opened and closed often.
    Bluewater 2850
    Bluewater 2550 sold
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent their government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

Thomas Jefferson 1787
  • catchemupcatchemup Posts: 490 Deckhand
    I'm reposting the following inquiry that I had posted elsewhere in the Tropics forum hoping for some more responses...appreciate your feedback as will be going to the Blue Marlin Cove and fishing West End for the first time.

"Will be visiting Blue Marlin Cove for the first time. Have heard about the excellent blue water catches, deep dropping, and mutton and grouper fishing off West End. But haven't seen anything about tailing. Have been successful for quite  some time using Bimini as home base and running as far as 40 miles south or north for quality tails. Can I get some feedback about tailing around west end [of course not your numbers but just general areas ]...or is  my best bet to run south to my spots around Isaac? My experience is that when tailing,  you can catch plenty in 45', but fishing in 70'-80' areas usually is home to bigger fish. Your feedback greatly appreciated."

Some pics of the tails we get around Issac shown below..these were from July 4th:

• mile marker 0mile marker 0 Posts: 56 Greenhorn
    I just wanted to again thank everyone for their advice our trip was very nice.We did well on the deep drop what a cool way to fish.thanks again plastered your info was spot on! Yellow tailing was fun out past Memory Rock mostly small fish but some decent ones to and a ton of strawberry grouper.

We got stranded due to weather for 2 days and with no rooms available at OBB ended up going down to Port Lucaya.We didn't fish just enjoyed the all inclusive at Grand Lucayan food and drinks.

We again stayed at "Docked wages" property and can't say enough good things about him or his property.He is very acommodating.He even offered to share his room with the wife and I when we got stranded.
  • DellaysDellays Unated StatesPosts: 5 Greenhorn
    It was usfull, thanks