Know anybody that does transom repair around Tampa Bay?

DBRYANDBRYAN Posts: 4,403 Captain
I also have a 22' Grady White Cuddy that has a weak transom. I'd like to get it fixed.

Replies

• MelbourneMarkMelbourneMark Posts: 1,641 Captain
    Look up Jason Ryan marine.  He's on Facebook also. Might be listed under J Ryan marine. 
  • outboardsurplusoutboardsurplus Posts: 112 Deckhand
    There is a place on the St.Pete side of bayside bridge the does that work.
  • DBRYANDBRYAN Posts: 4,403 Captain
    That's right down the street. Do you remember the name?
  • squidvicioussquidvicious Posts: 519 Officer
    after 35yrs,in the marine biz.... gradys have serious problems with dry rot.it comes from not protecting wood,poor sealing techniques.this has continued from the early days to recently - numerous problems with their wide beam,balsa cored hull sides from experience,it's often way more than a transom - it ends up being stringers,bulkheads,deck hatches,and gunnel boards... unfortunately,there's actually shops out there that use wood,and with that wood they use polyester resins.if you're getting that job done,you need to know how the shop is doing it and with what material will be used as a core.
    can we please stop using the word ISSUE ? it's a PROBLEM
    :wink
  • JCSJCS Posts: 31 Greenhorn
    If you are referring to VanWagoneer, I would not recommend them. They did an Awlgrip job on my Maverick that is peeling in multiple places after a few years. 
  • DBRYANDBRYAN Posts: 4,403 Captain
    JCS said:
    If you are referring to VanWagoneer, I would not recommend them. They did an Awlgrip job on my Maverick that is peeling in multiple places after a few years. 
    I've seen them. Never done business with them.

I'm probably just going to sell it as a project boat. Has a real nice Yamaha 200 on it.