Bridge Clearances Lowry Park to downtown Tampa

ezzriderezzrider Posts: 79 Greenhorn
Anyone know the bridge clearances from the Lowry Park Boat Ramp to the Tampa downtown area.  There are lots of bridges. What is the lowest clearance?  Thanks.  

Replies

• surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 4,857 Captain
    Don't know but the low ones are draw bridges so you could get them to open it if you need to. I think clearances are usually posted on charts though, google nautical charts.
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.
  • mikenavmikenav Posts: 686 Officer
    Check out this chart: https://webapp.navionics.com/?lang=en#[email protected]&key=st~iDh{gvN

It shows all the bridges and lists the heights next to them. It looks like the lowest is 9.8 feet. If you want, you can also click on MENU --> MAP OPTIONS --> and then select Satellite and it will give an overlay
    Yea, been a long time since I navigated that part of the river, come to think of it the first bridge you come to is Sligh Ave and I don't think that is a draw bridge and it is not that high. If you launch at Lowrey park just look down river, if you can't make it under that bridge, no point in going any farther. I don't think the show the elevation of that bridge either.
    Tight Lines, Steve
  • mikenavmikenav Posts: 686 Officer
    Sligh Ave bridge shows at 11' 8". I think the shortest is actually under Hillsborough Ave at 9' 8". 
    I think your right, I was looking further up stream, my bad.
    Tight Lines, Steve
  • ezzriderezzrider Posts: 79 Greenhorn
    Thanks to all.  My tritoon with the double bimini up is just over 9' needed clearance.