Keys FAQ: Lodging/Camping

Keys FAQ
This is version 4.0 of the Keys FAQ Thread. Version 1.0 was originally posted by Coldfish, Version 2.0 was a update to Coldfish's thread and put together and maintained by Matt. Version 3.0 was my update to V 2.0. Then, Version 3.5 was posted by Tarpon Nole, and was a copy of V3.0 he had saved.

I've taken back over the updating with the newest "Version 4.0".

I've gone through and verified the links and have dropped the ones that are no longer valid along with updating the ones that have new sites.

Im looking for input, so if you have some, please post it so that we can get the list up-to-date with the latest and greatest info!

Lodging Key Largo
[URL="http://coconutpalminn.com "]Coconut Palm Inn [/URL]
Sunset Cove Beach Resort
Tarpon Flats Inn

Lodging Islamorada/Tavernier
Tavernier Hotel
Cheeca Lodge -
White Gate Court Resort -
Look Out Lodge
Sands of Islamorada
Coral Bay Resort
Days Inn
Hampton Inn
Holiday Isle
Key Lantern
Kon Tiki
Ragged Edge Motel
Sands of Islamorada
Breezy Palms Resort
La Siesta

Lodging Marathon/Key Colony Beach
Forum Member "Sea Monkeys" Rental in Marathon. 10% discount to forum members.
Rainbow Bend
Capt Pips
Yellowtail Inn
Blue Waters Motel

Lodging - Big Pine/Sugarloaf
Sugarloaf Lodge
Old Wooden Bridge Fish Camp

Lodging - Key West
Crowne Plaza

Campgrounds
Sugarloaf KOA
Fiesta Key KOA -
Dry Tortugas National Park
Sunshine Key Encore Campground
Long Key State Park
Bahia Honda State Park
John Pennekamp State Park
Knights Key Campground
Boyds in Stock Island
Leo's Key West
Curry Hammock state park-Marathon
Heres a good site on Keys Campgrounds
Key Largo Kamp Ground (KLK) Ocean side. Tent sites available
Calusa Campground Bay Side. No tent sites.
www.gottagofishinginkeywest.com

Hero's Don't Wear Capes....They Wear Dog Tags.

Replies

• Got TA GoGot TA Go Posts: 2,608 Captain
    These inputs are based on FSFF members suggestions. Obviously, you will have various inputs from a wide range of opinions. The places listed above represent FSFF member input.

More places can be added, and those on the list can also be dropped. It's best to view the websites and form your own opinion or post a thread asking for current input on any place you see listed.

If you know of a place on the list that is no longer operating, let me know so I can remove it.

:beer

Rob
    www.gottagofishinginkeywest.com

Hero's Don't Wear Capes....They Wear Dog Tags.
  • BonerackBonerack Posts: 47 Deckhand
    Thank you for this listing. Will be a great help in planning our trip to the keys this winter. HJG
  • frankthetankfrankthetank Posts: 863 Officer
    i would suggest adding big pine key fishing lodge mile marker 33 greatest place on earth everyone is super friendly and the fishing is exceptional. also in tavernier the atlantic bay resort. great aminties with ramp kinda shallow docking and just plain keys luxory
    :fishing
    OCEAN KAYAK: PROWLER 13
  • rf53rf53 Posts: 32 Deckhand
    I think it would be helpful to list which of these places have marinas, boat storage facilities, private ramps, or allow boat/trailer in their lots. Also, a mention of security and other aspects boaters may be interested in would be great. I'm sure that many who trailer their boats down to the Keys for a few days can always use this type of information to determine what lodging will accommodate their needs.
  • andrewthe1andrewthe1 Posts: 659 Officer
    Any updates on this list regarding last year's hurricanes?

Hoping to go camp end of Aug, either tent or small pop up tow behind.
    we need more internet money
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 9,217 Admiral
    Bahia Honda is virtually impossible to book.   I looked on their website, every cabin is booked for the entire year.   Waste of time.  
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
    I am sure a lot will be booked up, hence we dont want to tent camp(OMG will be sooo hot) but willing to suffer to get out of town and catch some fish!

Any other camp suggestions or updates would be great.

Harlan can we camp in your yard if we book a charter   :p
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 9,217 Admiral
    I am sure a lot will be booked up, hence we dont want to tent camp(OMG will be sooo hot) but willing to suffer to get out of town and catch some fish!

Any other camp suggestions or updates would be great.

Harlan can we camp in your yard if we book a charter   :p
    I have stayed at sunset cover in Key Largo and it's a fun little spot to be.  They have their own ramp, you have to go through Adam's cut to get to the ocean but that ride isn't bad either and plenty of backwater to fish too.   
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • Lake-LinkerLake-Linker Posts: 43 Greenhorn
    I'll cautiously second Big Pine Key fishing lodge. Plenty of campsites - both electric and "rustic". Small marina.

I say "cautiously" because I want to have at least room for me...I'll be there for a month this winter.
    Haha Lake-Linker I hear ya I think August is going to be too full at most all these places from what I am seeing  :'(