Auto insurance ,best company and prices

mudjonmudjon FlPosts: 2 Greenhorn
i am  now with geico and rates are 1275 a year for a for suv 2010.full coverage.anyone have any better info.

Replies

• cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 24,450 AG
    edited July 8 #2
    What is full coverage? What are your limits? That is needed info to know if the rates are in line. 

I have Allstate and the rates seem similar. I pay $720 every six months. I have 100/300 liability, collision and comprehensive, 100,000 uninsured, medical etc. I also have a $500 deductible.  I have never had a claim so I can't say how they handle them, 

Mini Mart Magnate

• AC ManAC Man Posts: 4,003 Captain
    mudjon said:
    i am  now with geico and rates are 1275 a year for a for suv 2010.full coverage.anyone have any better info.

This is your first post? Seems odd. I'm paying far less than that.
  • mudjonmudjon FlPosts: 2 Greenhorn
     My coverage is same as cadman and its 636 every six months with 
    Geico.i was with Allstate and by going to geico saved 3-400 a year.no claims.
    who are you with to have a reliable payout and communication from them?
    tnx for reply
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,043 AG
    edited July 9 #5
    Hate the 6 month coverage Insurance companies now use. Two chances to raise your rates now instead of one. I recently switched to Geico from Allstate and will probably stay with them for several years. Had a friend that was Allstate agent tell me you always should start looking around after 5 years for new insurance. I will start a bit sooner.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 9,756 Admiral
    Florida Farm Bureau
    2013 Pathfinder 22 TE , 150 Yamaha,
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 10,425 AG
    edited July 9 #7
    Flash's understanding is similar to my own.  Keep an eye on your renewal rates, and shop them around (every year or so).  I suspect that's what is really at play here rather than a substantive change in insurance prices between Allstate and Geico.
  • Mackeral SnatcherMackeral Snatcher Posts: 10,513 AG
    Can you pit one against the other?
    Say you call and get a quote from Allstate and call your existing company (geico) and say hey? Allstate is gonna give me a better rate for the same coverage.
    Anyone have any experience doing this?
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 9,756 Admiral
    Can you pit one against the other?
    Say you call and get a quote from Allstate and call your existing company (geico) and say hey? Allstate is gonna give me a better rate for the same coverage.
    Anyone have any experience doing this?
    To bad you can’t shop for health insurance like that. 
    2013 Pathfinder 22 TE , 150 Yamaha,
  • joekat46joekat46 North PortPosts: 1,922 Captain
    Really surprised what some on here pay.  With Auto Owners through an independent agent in Sarasota County we pay approximately 1200 a year for full coverage on a 2015 Ford Escape and a 2005 Tacoma.  No accidents or tickets.  100/300 100000, 250 deductible.  Dropped all the unnecessary frills and would drop PIP if legal.  Six month policies will beat you up.  Find an annual.
  • Fish HaidFish Haid Posts: 7,987 Admiral

Best and Cheapest are not likely the same.

I've had SF for 40 years, multiple vehicles, and home owners.  I shop around every few years.  Nobody can come close to price for what I get on auto coverage.  They bone me on home-owners though.  Problem is, my house will not pass inspection for a new company with lower rates.  Also, dropping HO would increase my auto.

I recently helped two different 18 year olds shop around for minimum legally-required auto coverage.  Prices ranged from $100 to over $600 per month. Using a broker that shops multiple carriers is the way to go.  I use Consumer Select in Lakeland.  I also used them to find cheapest insurance for my rental properties.

Both kids took cheapest they were offered.  One kid ended-up with Peach Tree, and the other with Progressive (believe it or not).  Rental properties ended-up with American Integrity and I forget what else.

23895.gif
  • Jack HexterJack Hexter New Port RicheyPosts: 4,220 Moderator
    edited July 11 #12
    USAA for cars, boats, house and life.  Been with them since 1969.  I've had cold calls  trying to sell me and as soon as I tell them I'm with USAA, they hang up
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 8,800 Admiral
    I've had nationwide for more than 20 years and more than 19 on my homeowners as well package deal.   That said i probably should shop around i'm sure they've found little reasons to jack up my rates over the years, can't wait until the boy (16) gets his license.   
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • The VilleThe Ville Posts: 457 Deckhand
    State Farm no one can come close on car.
    It's not my job to provide your education look it up yourself!
  • ResinheadResinhead Posts: 9,166 Admiral
    My older son raised our rate $4500 a year when he turned 16. He is now 21. Younger son turns 16 in a week. 

Least I don't have pay for weddings if/when that happens.