Stupid people do stupid things

2»

Replies

• Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 8,978 Admiral
    Hell i'd leave worse marks on her than that :D  
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 7,331 Admiral
    Is she the one that got her head stuck in an exhaust pipe?
  • tankardtankard Posts: 6,440 Admiral
    tankard said:
    Fish Haid said:
    One certain forum member still owes me $20 from a bet we made 10 years ago.  He swore that Nurse Sharks have no teeth.

No idiot I said they have small abrasive teeth, not sharp cutting teeth like other sharks.

Another idiot friend of mine had one latch onto his thumb for a full 5 minutes. He was NOT cut in the least. Quite pissed that I couldn't stop laughing, but there was barely even an abrasion.

So it was you....you're wrong a lot and I don't think you're supposed to call a forum member an "idiot".
    You don't really want to start that....do you?

He's my friend, was my landlord for a few years so....heed your forum name...

And I saw the "wounds" on the girl last night on the news (slow news day I guess) just bruising and abrasion, and those were big nurse sharks. Had it been ANY other shark she would have at least needed multiple stitches, likely would have lost a chunk of arm, and might have been killed because the blood could have sent them into a frenzy.

The bet was never whether they had teeth or not, the bet was that those teeth can't really do that much damage. I've seen it in person and this "attack" makes my point.

So....mindyabiness.

• MelbourneMarkMelbourneMark Posts: 1,593 Captain
    I've had to fend off a few nurse sharks while spearfishing before.  1 grabbed my buddies fin while swimming.  Not scary, just annoying...  

I heard they taste like lobster? 

They are definitely jerks while spearing or lobstering.

And I'll leave it to someone else to try eating one. You'd need a sawzall to clean it...

• SAENoleSAENole Posts: 10,285 AG
    They don't taste like lobster.
    Warning Level 2

Speaking from experience?

The only fish I've found that is similar to lobster is monkfish.

• Grouper GeniusGrouper Genius Posts: 1,175 Officer
    tankard said:

Boil Mahi chunks in salty water. Pretty close.
    2400 CC Sea Chaser-Yamaha F250-Bad **** Tower (SOLD)
    Grady White 306 Bimini 300 Suzukis
    Hurricane 246 FunDeck
    Blackened kingfish if done rightly and my wife and daughter swore they were eating lobster.  They were eating the leftovers cold.  
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.

Ha! I've fallen for that "poor man's lobster" crap with kingfish before.

Tasted nothing like lobster, and a whole lot like boiled kingfish. I can't see boiled dolphin being much better.

edited July 12 #42
    I didn't boil it. I blackened it.   and I iced it for a full day before cleaning , then left it filleted in the fridge under a paper towel for a full day.   Then blackened
    I don't boil lobster either though.  I cut the tail right down the middle, loosen the meat then put it back in the shell.   hit it with redfish magic and blacken it meat sides down.   Much better IMHO than steamed ever was or ever could be.    
  • Reel TealReel Teal Posts: 3,073 Captain
    Kingfish will never taste like lobster. I think they were just giving you a compliment.

maybe.  But they were disappointed this trip we didn't get one. 
    I kept a nurse shark about 30 years ago while in college.  Cleaned it up and took it back to Tallahassee where I grilled it the next night.

Wasn't bad as I recall, but nowhere near lobster.  
    Warning Level 2
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 3,980 Captain
    tankard said:
    tankard said:
    Fish Haid said:
    One certain forum member still owes me $20 from a bet we made 10 years ago.  He swore that Nurse Sharks have no teeth.

No idiot I said they have small abrasive teeth, not sharp cutting teeth like other sharks.

Another idiot friend of mine had one latch onto his thumb for a full 5 minutes. He was NOT cut in the least. Quite pissed that I couldn't stop laughing, but there was barely even an abrasion.

So it was you....you're wrong a lot and I don't think you're supposed to call a forum member an "idiot".

And I saw the "wounds" on the girl last night on the news (slow news day I guess) just bruising and abrasion, and those were big nurse sharks. Had it been ANY other shark she would have at least needed multiple stitches, likely would have lost a chunk of arm, and might have been killed because the blood could have sent them into a frenzy.

The bet was never whether they had teeth or not, the bet was that those teeth can't really do that much damage. I've seen it in person and this "attack" makes my point.

So....mindyabiness.

You lost the bet, you were wrong....AGAIN!
    Pay him what you owe him. 
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
  • Reptile DysfunctionReptile Dysfunction LP - Edge of the Known UniversePosts: 3,175 Captain
    tankard said:

Boil Mahi chunks in salty water. Pretty close.
    This. Sometimes it is right on, sometimes it is not even close. I don't know what the determining factor is, but I have done this and dolphin can potentially taste like lobster when boiled in salt water (get a gallon from the Gulf Stream)..
    "If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free" - P. J. O'Rourke
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 6,875 Admiral
    Actually, lobster taste like nurse shark.  Google it!

Captain Todd Approves

• surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 4,722 Captain
    Nurse sharks have teeth and they can leave a nasty bite.
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 7,509 Admiral
    The difference is that when a nurse shark smells blood in the water they put a bandage on it. 

And when they do draw blood they always say, "You may feel a little pinch."

And they don't administer enemas. They just scare the sh't  out of people.
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
  • Billy No MatesBilly No Mates Posts: 2,701 Captain
    tankard said:
    tankard said:
    Fish Haid said:

So....mindyabiness.

People do not admit they are wrong on the forum. That shows weakness.
    People do not admit they are wrong on the forum. That shows weakness.

Karate Man agrees.

Warning Level 2
    tankard said:
    tankard said:
    Fish Haid said:

So....mindyabiness.

You don't know what the bet was. Mind your own **** business, troll.
  • DfreedomDfreedom Posts: 106 Deckhand
    What the heck is an Instagram model?
  • Cane PoleCane Pole Stuart, FLAPosts: 9,656 Admiral
    edited July 13 #56
    Dfreedom said:
    What the heck is an Instagram model?
    All female Instagram users.
    Live music 7 nights a week: http://www.terrafermata.com/_events
2»