Brett Kavanaugh - Is he contrary to the Constitution?

2»

Replies

• mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 6,707 Admiral
    OMG, I am just getting over the tax cuts and bonus I received that nearly killed me. 

Captain Todd Approves

• NACl H2O LuvrNACl H2O Luvr Posts: 12,034 AG

SAENole said:
    Yes, life will go on.

Hang on just one minute........You mean to tell me that a Supreme Court Justice who promises to uphold the Constitution of the United States will not usher in the End of Time?!?!?

Wow, radical.
  • Florida Ex-patFlorida Ex-pat Posts: 563 Officer
    I am still waiting for a president to appoint someone other than a judge to the SC.  I would prefer a constitutional scholar or a school teacher from Hoboken over another Harvard or Yale law grad.
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 10,425 AG
    edited July 11 #35

I am still waiting for a president to appoint someone other than a judge to the SC.  I would prefer a constitutional scholar or a school teacher from Hoboken over another Harvard or Yale law grad.
    Why?
  • pottydocpottydoc Posts: 2,286 Captain
    SAENole said:
    Roe v Wade isn't going anywhere.

Of that I am certain.
    This. 
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 24,450 AG
    SAENole said:

Of that I am certain.
    You are correct, The only challenges may be on the timeline of when an abortion can take place. The court previously ruled in favor of the Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act of 2003. They then refused to hear a case outlawing all late term abortions. the court might now decide to weigh in on this issue and set a time when abortions can not be performed. The court could make abortions pass 22 weeks or so illegal if such a case presents itself. Many states would pass such laws to see it get tested. Right now the term is viable fetus and that seems to shift from state to state. 

Mini Mart Magnate

• NewberryJeffNewberryJeff Posts: 7,100 Admiral
    SAENole said:

Of that I am certain.

Even if it does, baby murder will just go back to being a state issue.
2»