Hooked and Landed and Released a Blue Marlin off PE Last Saturday

We were trolling 850-1100 when we caught what was like a 5 gallon bucket; spit the hook in 30 seconds  We trolled around again and bamm.  Marlin on a TLD 25 on a 20 SeaCraft.  Ran it down a few times and released it after giving it a quick water revival run to the gills.

https://youtu.be/s2JrQcy89p0
Hook Up VId

Release Vid

Oh Yeah, a few Mahi too.

Replies

• 30SaltShaker30SaltShaker Posts: 6 Greenhorn
    edited June 30 #2
    Trying to embed the hook-up  the Reel

https://youtu.be/s2JrQcy89p0

• Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 8,811 Admiral
    I didn't think you were allowed to catch those with less than 100k in a boat and less than 25k in gear.   Nice work there dad!  
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
    Yeah the marlin police may come claim I stole it.  
  • xeniaxenia Posts: 261 Deckhand
    I think a Blue Marlin won't even look at your bait unless you have at least $1,000,000 in your portfolio.  Instead of lures and teasers, you need to bring along your investment statement!  You got lucky in finding one, and used skill in landing it.  Great job!
  • Steve_raleighSteve_raleigh Posts: 174 Deckhand
    Wow man 👍👍👍👍
  • Plastered2850Plastered2850 Posts: 1,457 Officer
    Way to go.
  • rivamunstasteverivamunstasteve Posts: 606 Officer
     :) 
  • tank85tank85 Posts: 64 Greenhorn
    Impressive 
  • The ParkerThe Parker Posts: 77 Greenhorn
    There around
  • CaptJCaptJ Posts: 596 Officer
    That's a memory that young man won't forget.
  • TunachaserTunachaser Posts: 158 Deckhand
    Congrats, amazing day with your boy! He will remember this day for the rest of his life👏👏
  • one fish two fishone fish two fish Posts: 59 Greenhorn
    Awesome sound of that drag peeling off. Congrats. Shame on those with negative comments for a positive thread. It’s a great post, no need to add bs about a big boat or small boat. 
  • TommTomm Posts: 359 Deckhand
    Excellent....heck of a catch
    2016 Sea Hunt 225 Ultra / 250HP Yamaha

2014 Sea Hunt BX 22 BR / 250HP Yamaha **Retired**
  • pjepje Orlando , FlPosts: 567 Officer
    Congratulations on your first blue ....
  • jheiiijheiii Posts: 16 Greenhorn
    Awesome!! 
  • Kokosing LoverKokosing Lover Posts: 470 Deckhand
    Awesome sound of that drag peeling off. Congrats. Shame on those with negative comments for a positive thread. It’s a great post, no need to add bs about a big boat or small boat. 
    I think they're just having some fun and not seriously stating that little boats have no place chasing marlin.

My sister got her blue on an Avet LX2 from a rental boat, so anything is possible.
    I think they're just having some fun and not seriously stating that little boats have no place chasing marlin.

My sister got her blue on an Avet LX2 from a rental boat, so anything is possible.
    Some people just don't get the internet.   Things said tongue in cheek meant to be funny are taken literally and you have to roll your eyes.  The OP knew what was being said and how.  

I once made a joke about rehab being for quitters, and of course the literal police crapped their keyboards.    
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • one fish two fishone fish two fish Posts: 59 Greenhorn
    I get the sarcasm, just don’t see the need for adding negative to a positive post. 
    it's not negative, it's a not so subtle jab at the people who think you need a 35' Jupiter with triple 350 Yamahas in order to catch great sportfish.   

It's more like celebrating the guy who takes his kid out for a fun day on the water and is rewarded with a lifelong memory of a rare fish while looking for other species.   

The OPs kid can go to school and tell his buddies "my dad and I caught a marlin over the summer"  not a ton of kids can say that, and a tenth of a percentage can say they did it in a 20' cc.   

But people like to look for the negative in everything.  And if you're rich enough for the 34' Yellowfin you really don't give a crap because...you've got a  34' Yellowfin. 

So who is being wronged here exactly and who is offended? 
    it's not negative, it's a not so subtle jab at the people who think you need a 35' Jupiter with triple 350 Yamahas in order to catch great sportfish.   

It's more like celebrating the guy who takes his kid out for a fun day on the water and is rewarded with a lifelong memory of a rare fish while looking for other species.   

The OPs kid can go to school and tell his buddies "my dad and I caught a marlin over the summer"  not a ton of kids can say that, and a tenth of a percentage can say they did it in a 20' cc.   

But people like to look for the negative in everything.  And if you're rich enough for the 34' Yellowfin you really don't give a crap because...you've got a  34' Yellowfin. 

A 35' Jupiter is for rookies and sissies.  Real men chase marlin on their 85' Vikings.

A 35' Jupiter is for rookies and sissies.  Real men chase marlin on their 85' Vikings.
    Have you seen the 65' center console that is on the market now?   I mean really?   WHY?   Someone's got to have the smallest rod at the sand bar but the biggest boat :D
    Haven't seen the 65' CC yet, but that's just a bad idea.  Once you get over a certain length, it's a necessity to raise the bridge to get full visual clearance around the boat.  Having the primary steering console at deck level (CC) is just a silly design flaw for a boat that size.
    thanks for all the comments , my boys 9, and 15  are still stoked on the Blue.  The thread is about taking kids fishing on the boat you got,  having a great time, with a surprise thrown in once and a while.  They're out there.
  • Make It HappenMake It Happen Posts: 60 Greenhorn
    Great catch 
    Wet the hook,keep the line tight, bend the rod & stay connected fish on
  • dolfanjoeydolfanjoey Posts: 1,148 Officer
    Nice Job. I caught a White Marlin on my 16.5 foot Aqua sport with a Penn 114H. In the late 90's.
  • Cast_N_BlastCast_N_Blast JaxPosts: 1,016 Officer
    I get the sarcasm, just don’t see the need for adding negative to a positive post. 
    Wasnt negative until you showed up  :D :D
  • CoastalCatchCoastalCatch Lighthouse PointPosts: 346 Deckhand
    Hooked and lost one today out of Haulover on a naked ballyhoo...best 15 minutes I had in a long time! :)

'The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.' ~ George Orwell

• The ParkerThe Parker Posts: 77 Greenhorn
    Good job coastal what depth and was it near birds or weeds
  • CoastalCatchCoastalCatch Lighthouse PointPosts: 346 Deckhand
    edited July 29 #30
    Good job coastal what depth and was it near birds or weeds
    600 near weeds with 2 birds (not frigates)

'The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.' ~ George Orwell