Stuart Surf Fishing Reports?

watergatorwatergator Fort Pierce Posts: 74 Greenhorn
I have some family in town and my cousins nephew has been talking about catching a fish while hes here since last summer when I put him on some small snapper. The rest of the family is wanting a beach day so Im planning to do some surf fishing with him while we are out there. Any recent reports on whats been working and how far out? I tore up the palometa on sand flea shrimp bites in the first trough last time I was out but thats been a few weeks. 

Replies

• theUtheU The Orlando SewerPosts: 36 Greenhorn
    Stay north of the St Lucie Inlet, the Orlando Sewer Dump has turn the water to a nasty smelling brown stuff complements of Disney World! Try Walton Rocks!
  • FS JeffFS Jeff Posts: 371 Moderator
    I haven't been out there in a few days, but there were loads of croakers and whiting and some palometa, as you mention, at the public accesses in the Jensen/S St. Lucie Co.  area.  Small hook and bury it in a half a shrimp. Basically scaled-down pompano rig. First trough, yes. No need to cast way out.  Water hasn't been too bad but getting weedy as I see on the EVSmartin cam today.

I looked at Walton Rocks on Saturday and saw a ton of pilchards there. Could be some fun snook/jack catch and release fishing.  
    Jeff Weakley
  • watergatorwatergator Fort Pierce Posts: 74 Greenhorn
    Awesome. Thanks for the tips guys. 
  • nowinchattnowinchatt Posts: 51 Greenhorn
    When the whiting bite is peaking you will see people catching them with cane poles - that is how close they are. They are tasty little rascals too. Just need to be there around high tideish. I am guessing some of the Berkeley Gulp product would work on them. that shrimp gets pretty smelly quickly in July.
  • andrewthe1andrewthe1 Posts: 608 Officer
    try and rig up a whiting or croaker freelined while they keep fishing...may get a nice snook or something!?
    we need more internet money