Doctor Can't Operate

2»

Replies

• GardawgGardawg Posts: 7,466 Admiral
    All policies have SOME negative consequences.

You can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs.

Attitudes don't change by themselves. It takes the force of law. 

there's always been affirmative action … i.e. the children of alumni … the children of big donors … a student who did a lot of volunteer work for charities vs a student who had to work at a job when school let out … AA as mandated by law is an attempt to balance it out
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 9,756 Admiral
    Gardawg said:
    the photos are representative of the attitudes of many of the white folk there

your attempt to push a false narrative is what is feeble
    Maybe you should quit using race as a crutch?
     And while your at it step into the present and enjoy life. 
    2013 Pathfinder 22 TE , 150 Yamaha,
    edited July 10 #34
    And quit using the word “Folk”. Coming from you it sounds very disingenuous. 
  • Billy No MatesBilly No Mates Posts: 2,656 Captain
    The photo's may not be up to date but the attitude still remains.
    Gardawg said:
    the photos are representative of the attitudes of many of the white folk there

your attempt to push a false narrative is what is feeble
    Maybe you should quit using race as a crutch?

As a crutch?   folk just don't like to be reminded of their greatest weaknesses do they?

Enjoy life ?

You … have … no … idea !!! 

Well I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey … but I turned myself around.
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

• Big BatteryBig Battery Posts: 19,086 AG
    Gardawg said:

there's always been affirmative action … i.e. the children of alumni … the children of big donors … a student who did a lot of volunteer work for charities vs a student who had to work at a job when school let out … AA as mandated by law is an attempt to balance it out
    We didnt use to institutionally pass unqualified candidates regardless of how they got there. If you were accepted for a variety of reasons, you still had to succeed.
    We didnt use to institutionally pass unqualified candidates regardless of how they got there. If you were accepted for a variety of reasons, you still had to succeed. 

Yeah, sure. George Bush got into Yale  because of his GPA and SAT score.  With enough tutors anyone could pass college classes.  

You still have to succeed.  I've worked with many doctors who would not have gotten into medical school with out affirmative action. There were competent and successful.  

• TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 10,425 AG
    edited July 10 #39

Gardawg said:

Serious question:  What institutions "intentionally pass unqualified candidates regardless of how they got there"?

Setting aside the admissions discussion for a moment, you still have to pass classes to get a diploma from an accredited university -- and you still have to succeed -- but perhaps you know something I don't or I have misunderstood you, and thus the question.

Thanks....Mike
  • 2amigo2amigo Posts: 3,940 Captain
    edited July 10 #40

Gardawg said:

Serious question:  What institutions "intentionally pass unqualified candidates regardless of how they got there"?

Setting aside the admissions discussion for a moment, you still have to pass classes to get a diploma from an accredited university -- and you still have to succeed -- but perhaps you know something I don't or I have misunderstood you, and thus the question.

Thanks....Mike
    Answer:  Every single university with a D1 football team in the Power 5 conferences (except maybe Stanford) but definitely Florida State. 
  • SAENoleSAENole Posts: 10,218 AG
    But Bush?
    Warning Level 2
    Gardawg said:

Yeah, sure. George Bush got into Yale  because of his GPA and SAT score.  With enough tutors anyone could pass college classes.  

You still have to succeed.  I've worked with many doctors who would not have gotten into medical school with out affirmative action. There were competent and successful.  
    I see.... so you would except George Bush as your doctor?

Gardawg said:

Thanks....Mike
    They have systematically lowered the standards for student retention purposes. So a student of recent times would be considered unqualified decades ago. Add in affirmative action and  you arrive at the perception of the lowest common denominator. 
  • fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,110 AG
    One of the surgeons who put me back together at Vanderbilt Hospital was a lady. She is a wonderful person. She still calls to check up on me a couple of times a year. Says I am one of her miracle patients. 

She has nice legs also. Wife says it is because she saved me that I think so,,,, I just think she has nice legs.
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 7,217 Admiral
    edited July 10 #45
    Gardawg said:

I see.... so you would except George Bush as your doctor?
    What area of medicine is he in? He seems pretty even keeled, in the face of 8 years of hysteria he had to endure.
    I had know idea GW Bush was a doctor??
     Knew he was a F102 driver. 
    2amigo said:

Gardawg said:

Thanks....Mike
    Answer:  Every single university with a D1 football team in the Power 5 conferences (except maybe Stanford) but definitely Florida State. 
    Thanks for your response.  You have a good point, however I'm not sure that's quite what Battery had in mind, and even more to the point, I fail to see how it applies to the topic at hand -- affirmative action. 

Gardawg said:

Thanks....Mike
    They have systematically lowered the standards for student retention purposes. So a student of recent times would be considered unqualified decades ago. Add in affirmative action and  you arrive at the perception of the lowest common denominator. 
    Thanks for the explanation.  I'm not sure how any of those things you described result in passing grades and diplomas that were unearned.  Getting admitted to a college and actually graduating are two very different things where the former does not in any way guarantee the latter -- affirmative action ends at admission --  but I do appreciate your response...Mike
  • AC ManAC Man Posts: 4,003 Captain
    Back to the original "riddle" by cyclist. The story states the FATHER died instantly. This leads you to think he is the doctor. It may be subliminal but that's why you don't think the mother is a doctor. Not for any other reason.
    AC Man said:
    Back to the original "riddle" by cyclist. The story states the FATHER died instantly. This leads you to think he is the doctor. It may be subliminal but that's why you don't think the mother is a doctor. Not for any other reason.
    This. It’s definately a mind trick, it isn’t an indication of sexist attitudes.
  • 2amigo2amigo Posts: 3,940 Captain
    edited July 11 #51
    2amigo said:

Gardawg said:

Thanks....Mike
    Thanks for your response.  You have a good point, however I'm not sure that's quite what Battery had in mind, and even more to the point, I fail to see how it applies to the topic at hand -- affirmative action. 
    It was really a joke with a great in to take a jab at FSU but it did answer your exact question.
    "What institutions intentionally pass unqualified candidates ' REGARDLESS OF HOW THEY GOT THERE ' "  ;)  But thanks in advance for correcting me. Thought the topic at hand was actually cyclist's riddle on gender equality..........LOL
  • Tarpon MonoxideTarpon Monoxide Posts: 502 Officer
    Pinko boy is about 46 years too late. Notice, the show's left wing meat head is included in the gender bias.

• Bimini TwistedBimini Twisted Posts: 10,933 AG
    So long as we can now grab that doc by the P, it's all good.
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 6,707 Admiral
    One trick pony

Captain Todd Approves

• MGTeacherMGTeacher South GaPosts: 1,634 Captain
    I see BT is still unstable. Maybe you should have recorded some of Hillary's speeches so you can watch them over and over. 
    My Favorite Smile Is Vertical
  • Bimini TwistedBimini Twisted Posts: 10,933 AG
    edited July 15 #56
    Just pointing out just how far our wives, sisters and mothers really have come out of misogyny, and what is considered acceptable.

Perhaps if the surgeon in the silly anecdote had blood coming out of her whatever it would have been easier to guess that she's come a long way baby.

• ResinheadResinhead Posts: 9,165 Admiral
    You live in a f'in twisted world. You're toast.

Good luck to your friends and family. 
    Hey.. if your wife will run cover for you and destroy all the women that make claims, then you can get away with it.

Hey.. if your wife will run cover for you and destroy all the women that make claims, then you can get away with it.

How true!
     But This one is going to go over a lot of heads. 
  • The MelManThe MelMan Posts: 3,654 Captain
    Cyclist said:
    How are they getting screwed?
    Its related to the anatomy of the male and female and the way the English language works, been going on for a long time ;)
    2012-2013 FloridaSportsman BCS Bowl Poll Champion

Northwest Nascar Champion 2012, 2017

"2011-2012 BCS Bowl Poll Champion".
  • ResinheadResinhead Posts: 9,165 Admiral
    dave44 said:
    Big Battery said: loop

How true!
     But This one is going to go over a lot of heads. 

2»