where to go?

JWTJWT Posts: 418 Deckhand
i have some time to take so i am looking for suggestions as to where i can go for a couple three days to relax & fish. looking for someplace to walk a beach & sling a little line.  i generally go to Marco or Sanibel but i am thinking something different this year......... any ideas???

Replies

• Mr, GooganMr, Googan Posts: 43 Greenhorn
    I was on Marco this past week, and the fishing from shore suffered from red tide.  Pic below is from Tigertail Beach.  If you are planning to fish from shore I would check FWC website to get status on red tide.  With a boat, on the other hand, you can travel south until you find good water.

• JWTJWT Posts: 418 Deckhand
    pretty sad sight, it is a totally indiscriminate killer. this is why i am really hesitant to head to that area......

• Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 5,084 Admiral

I don't blame u for feeling that way

• DellaysDellays Unated StatesPosts: 5 Greenhorn
    I usually go to the river near whith my house
  • Ol'DirtyCasterOl'DirtyCaster Posts: 2,271 Captain
    I got a pair of 80lb tarpon on foot today, south of Sebastian. Really nothing relaxing about that kind of fishing though. Lots of walking.
  • Randy RichterRandy Richter Posts: 16 Greenhorn
    Really cool that you're finding adult size tarpon from the beach.  I've been spending a couple weeks on the beaches for fifteen years, and rarely have had an opportunity,  Usually I see them rolling 200 ft out.