Go Time / Mahi hunt

Check the weather. One report says 80% chance of rain another says 30%. That means 100%  I’ll take my chances. Scramble the phone for a crew and bait . 5:30am our the door. Launch out of Matheson. Throw the bait guy 20 bucks and he send back a bucket full of water I can clearly see the entire bottom with some tiny fish a 10th of the size of last week. Whatever the dudes tryin I’m buyin. Can’t win em all.  Get out to 500ft. Scattered weed to the point I wonder if we can troll this without getting fouled every 2 min.  Find some island patches and decide to live bait em.  Throw a few livies in and there’s mahi there. In fact they were home on all the islands we stopped at. Just not that interesting. So we head SE for deeper water . Finally hit 1150 and there’s the lines I was dreaming about Wed night. Clean on the outside and goes as far as I can see. It’s about to get real good and we all know it. Five min later here comes the first one porpoising towards the left long. There goes my favorite song “whack zing”. Stays on for two min and comes unglued. That happened twice today on the bigger fish. Ended up keeping enough meat for our families to enjoy and left the rest. Call it at one and that’s a wrap. 
They r out there  !  Not a lot pics... there was a lot of action. Here’s a few 

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]AMERICAN WATERMAN. Life on the water. Developing gear for people who live the waterman lifestyle : 954-295-1911 or e-mail: [email protected]

Replies

• tank85tank85 Posts: 64 Greenhorn
    Good job, I see the hat, what kind of boat do ya got?
  • TommTomm Posts: 359 Deckhand
    Good job

2016 Sea Hunt 225 Ultra / 250HP Yamaha

2014 Sea Hunt BX 22 BR / 250HP Yamaha **Retired**
  • MGDMGD Posts: 1,017 Officer
    yea buddy
  • CoastalCatchCoastalCatch Lighthouse PointPosts: 346 Deckhand
    Yes sir...well done! 

'The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.' ~ George Orwell

• rivamunstasteverivamunstasteve Posts: 606 Officer
    Great to read a report. And nice story telling.  Heard it was slow Saturday. May go out tomorrow . 
  • waterman419waterman419 Posts: 129 Deckhand
    26’ angler open fish . 
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]AMERICAN WATERMAN. Life on the water. Developing gear for people who live the waterman lifestyle : 954-295-1911 or e-mail: [email protected]
  • The ParkerThe Parker Posts: 77 Greenhorn
    Well done
  • tank85tank85 Posts: 64 Greenhorn
    Just thought you were running a mako cuz of the hat. Nice catch, 
  • waterman419waterman419 Posts: 129 Deckhand
    That’s my buddy filleting . He does own a mako