Deep drop time

Will be down middle of July. Im in a 27’ with a single outboard. We plan on reef fishing but want to hit the hump and deep drop a little. Would you guys recommend early morning run to humps then deep drop and back in...or reef then head out mid day? Never fished beyond 250’

Replies

• InstaGatorInstaGator Posts: 115 Deckhand
    Check the tides 1st.  If it is a good tide in the afternoon, running out south to north then I would hit humps in the am then reef later.  That is just my preference as I have found humps to be most productive early am or late pm.
  • O'BryanO'Bryan Posts: 24 Greenhorn
    To many sharks around the hump to deep drop....Plenty of other places! 
  • DropTheHammerDropTheHammer East CoastPosts: 556 Officer
    Polyethylene or polythene is the most common plastic. The annual global production is around 80 million tonnes. Its primary use is in packaging.

PE size (e.g PE 0.6, PE 1, PE 2, PE 3 and so on) is based on a Japanese numbering system called "gouw", which was originally used to measure the diameter of silk thread. When a PE rating is applied to fishing line it's simply as a measure of the lines diameter - not the lines breaking strain.

We all new what we were doing until DropTheHammer showed up.
  • SaltologySaltology Posts: 121 Deckhand
    Talk to piner if you're willing to hire a guide, hes more lower keys i believe
  • piner_wahoopiner_wahoo Posts: 3,220 Captain
    i have got the spots- what do you want to catch?
    28' SEA VEE BRAND NEW 200 SUZUKI's- LIVE BAIT OFFSHORE WRECKS DEEP DROP REEFS BACKCOUNTRY
    CUSTOM CHARTERS u pick the boat- Capt.Harlan Trammell
    American Allegiance Charters -LOWER KEYS BACKCOUNTRY FISHING,LOBSTER dives, fish the 33' WORLDCAT w/ AOK+Allegiance!
    your boat or mine, my spots+my gear, your fish.
    BIG WAHOO
    checkout our new website- http://www.american-allegiance-charters.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/American-Allegiance-Charters/708182519302079[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]