Tarponator and Kmagnuss

I have been on this forum a long time but never post. However, I would like to say thank you to both of you for your informative posts and willingness to share tips (especially with tarpon). Kmagnuss, I found some juvenile tarpon in lemon bay and coaxed 3 into hitting. They all came unbuttoned but that’s the nature of the beast. 

Again thank you to the the two of you and hopefully I can start putting some tips here to help any novice snook fisherman. 

Replies

• kmagnusskmagnuss Posts: 2,744 Captain
    Thank you!  I'm just trying to help out like other people helped me on here.  I still have a lot to learn.
    Tarpon... everything else is just bait.
    2017 Tarpon Count: 109/431
    Captain Keith Magnussen - Crooked Rod Charters
    Instagram is @crooked_rod_charters
  • sixstring09sixstring09 Posts: 38 Greenhorn
    I too appreciate kmagnuss's information and willingness to share.

Cheers!!!
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 8,811 Admiral
    That's awesome!   Nice to see all the chatter turn into tangible results.  You jumped 3 tarpon!  that's 3 more than most people ever do. 
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 10,426 AG
    I'm glad to hear you've had some success.  :)
  • snookiemonstersnookiemonster Posts: 12 Greenhorn
    I’ve jumped and landed several, most by fishing crabs or cutbait. This time I actually targeted them with the DOA baitbuster (always the heavy 😀). Something special about “fooling” them with the artificial. In the end I was the fool, but will be after them in a couple weeks. 
  • kmagnusskmagnuss Posts: 2,744 Captain
    I agree about there being some satisfaction with using an artificial... I always feel better about it when they eat the arti's..... plus that strike is amazing.
    Tarpon... everything else is just bait.
    2017 Tarpon Count: 109/431
    Captain Keith Magnussen - Crooked Rod Charters
    Instagram is @crooked_rod_charters
  • Gypsies CallGypsies Call Posts: 134 Deckhand
    Yup - these guys are some of the best on the forum... and the forum itself is great to read and learn from. Hats off to you for recognizing the efforts that they make and the contributions they offer.

Keep it up!  Its what makes the forum better! 

And many thanks from me to the experts also!
    Gypsies Call
    SWO LCDR, USN-Retired
    Sea Chaser 200 Flats Series
    Old Town Predator Kayak