Thursday

Replies

• micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 12,186 AG

Mornin

Back to the grind. Been off for 5 days so playing catch up.

Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 4,288 Captain
    Feels like Monday
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
  • trout069trout069 Posts: 4,267 Captain
    Good morning 
  • FamilyfisherFamilyfisher Posts: 2,644 Captain
    This week is flying by!  
    Proverbs 13:3
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 8,237 Admiral
    Some worthless **** pulled the pin on my trailer hitch.  So i'm all set for a lake day and i get to the end of my street and the boat and hitch come off the truck.   So that was a fun 20 minutes as I run back to the house for the spare pin (everyone has one I imagine).   Get it back right and get down the road.  Get to the boat ramp...lightning storm, tuck tail and head back to the house, and a tornado touches down in Tavares, right where we were heading. 

At least it wasn't a dull 4th.   
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • Nick NikonNick Nikon Posts: 1,823 Captain
    Some worthless **** pulled the pin on my trailer hitch. 
    At least it wasn't a dull 4th.   
    On the plus side, you missed the tornado.

Pulling that hitch-pin was just plain mean.

Was there any home security video?

Could the neighbor's units have caught the action?

Either way, call the cops ... it's more than malicious mischief.

Make a report so you have a record of it.

Sabotage of a vehicle is probably a felony.
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 8,237 Admiral
    Problem is I cannot prove he did it, i'm setting up a trail cam in one of my trees so if it happens again i'm going to catch him and press charges.  I know who it is and I know why he did it.   I think he's got a drug problem, it's not family so that's a plus.    My son wanted to walk down to his house and beat the ever loving **** out of him but I said that's not how things are done now a days.   

The right thing to do in my mind is just move forward.  Act like it never happened.  When someone is looking to get a rise out of you the best thing to do is not give them what they want.   He tried to egg me into getting physical once before but I didn't give him the emotional response he wanted, which made him even more mad.   Pathetic.  
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 4,288 Captain
    Problem is I cannot prove he did it, i'm setting up a trail cam in one of my trees so if it happens again i'm going to catch him and press charges.  I know who it is and I know why he did it.   I think he's got a drug problem, it's not family so that's a plus.    My son wanted to walk down to his house and beat the ever loving **** out of him but I said that's not how things are done now a days.   

The right thing to do in my mind is just move forward.  Act like it never happened.  When someone is looking to get a rise out of you the best thing to do is not give them what they want.   He tried to egg me into getting physical once before but I didn't give him the emotional response he wanted, which made him even more mad.   Pathetic.  
    I agree and think you are handling it correctly. A police report might not hurt. But how nice would it be to catch him bent over pulling the pin. You could try and punt him hard enough to come out from under the front bumper.
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 1,258 Moderator
    A late good morning to all. It would take a real prick to pull the pin on your hitch.
    "That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)