Lanark fishing July 3

FamilyfisherFamilyfisher Posts: 2,746 Captain
It was almost 11:00 by the time we got to the ramp at Lanark Boat Club, of which I'm a proud member, and launched the boat.  Headed East after clearing the rocks and stayed inside the reef all day long.  I fished Gulp baits all day under a 4 Horsemen cork.  Nothing happening but pinfish bites if I was in less than 4 feet of water. 5 foot depth was the best for trout. Managed to bang out 12 trout from 13-20 inches, all released, and 6 reds in shallower water, all slot fish (kept a 23 incher for supper) along with about 200 catfish and a blue billion lady fish. Action was fairly steady, but the redfish bite happened right at high tide and 5 of the 6 came from within 50 yards of each other.  Shrimp colors used were pearl and new penny.  Also used a chartreuse Swimming Mullet some.  No one color was any more successful than another.

Lora had a great day on the boat too.  Beanbag, beer, and book.  Those things, along with some sun, made her very content.
Proverbs 13:3

Replies

• seabiscuitseabiscuit Posts: 1,025 Officer
    Nice!  FF - how far East did you go from Lanark to find the reds? 
  • billybobbillybob Posts: 729 Officer
    Nice report    Thanks
  • skyway andeskyway ande Posts: 3,177 Captain
    Great report!
    Enjoy the rest of the week!
    God, save the South!
  • FamilyfisherFamilyfisher Posts: 2,746 Captain
    seabiscuit....I never left sight of Lanark reef!
  • Spanky DunlapSpanky Dunlap Posts: 674 Officer
    FF you did surprisingly well. I have fished out of Lanark for the last couple of months. May was great, then the sub-tropical storm came and killed the viability, then it got bad hot. You did better than I have done here recently, so kudos to you on that.

I'm thinking my problem is the only thing I hate to use worse than a stinky gulp is a cork,  lol 

edited July 5 #7

Might be Spanky!  I went out from 10:15 til 1:45 today and caught 8 trout and 4 reds the same way.  Including my personal best for this area.
  • tapatetapate Posts: 5,234 Admiral
    Nice! Good work!
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 12,597 AG
    Good deal!
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 4,618 Captain
    Good Dill
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
    You have that bite dialled in my friend. Way to go.  :) 

They will all have sore mouths when I get back in September.  lol 

• ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 2,419 Moderator
    You spanked spanky. :-)

." why would someone want to be a moderator in the first place?"

"There is no compensation for that task other than the satisfaction one might get from being an ***."

mindyabizness

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• Sippin_on_a_TallboySippin_on_a_Tallboy Panhandle Posts: 3 Greenhorn
    Great report. thanks.
  • dstockwelldstockwell Posts: 13,779 AG
    Very nice..
    It is not the responsibility of the United States to solve the problems of other countries.
    FYI - I took my son Austin out on Friday and we managed 10 decent trout before the storms ran us off the water at 10:30.  A family was coming in from offshore as we were launching the Carolina Skiff and gave us about 2 dozen live baits - pinfish and pilchards - that were ideal size.  Austin fished the live baits and I fished the go-to Gulp.  He caught 6 and I caught 4 of the 10, but his fish were significantly larger than mine.
    "You're killing me Smalls".   lol 

• Old DogOld Dog Posts: 530 Officer
    Great fishing, thanks for the report!
    OD
  • CranfieldCranfield Posts: 1,344 Officer
    All good eating, very nice.