Whos up for a Sebastian Sandbar Fun Day this weekend?

Several of us are heading to Sebastian this Saturday, June 30, for a Sandbar Fun day.  If you are in the area bring it and hang out with us.   We will start out at the Island across from Capt Hirams then move over to the inlet sand bar.  No set agenda just a fun day on the river.  Looking forward to seeing some FS members there.  Below is the vessel I will be running and a map of the island we will be meeting at before moving to the sandbar.  If you see us, join us. 

Mark Wilson
AF1.124213220_sq_thumb_s.jpg

Replies

• duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 19,158 AG
    That's a maybe...I hate ramping at Sebastian on the weekend...it can get too busy for an angry old man...  :grin:
    \
    You will know my boat when you see it...if you think " Man, what's keeping that thing afloat"...It's mine.  
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • Docked WagesDocked Wages Posts: 2,857 Admin
    Joe, I have seen your boat at the Hess station by the ramp at 3 am when launching to go tuna fishing.  Its a fine boat but I thought, dang he should throw some soap and water on it once in a while :-)

Hoe to see you there.
    Mark Wilson
    Soap?....That might wash the luck off....You did read my post about that poor girl wrecking her car on my boat...right?...This baby has some luck!  
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • Topwater GuyTopwater Guy Posts: 435 Deckhand
    Wash that boat and the Karma the owner has going, will go right out the window.
    Lead, Follow..... Just, Get Out of the Way
    I must have missed you Mark...I swung by about 9:45 - 10 but  you must have already been at the inlet.
    I hope those storms did not catch you...They looked pretty fierce about noon. 
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • OkgolferOkgolfer Posts: 15 Greenhorn
    NCNS
    duckmanJR said:
    I must have missed you Mark...I swung by about 9:45 - 10 but  you must have already been at the inlet.
    I hope those storms did not catch you...They looked pretty fierce about noon. 
    We got there after that around 11:00 at the island and Pain Killer (Andy and his family was there).  Then hit Hirams as the first wave of storms came through then hit the Sandbar just in time for the big wave of storms.  That made a very sporty ride back to Rockledge. At some time it was a near white out for visibility.  Sorry we missed you but sounds like you had the better plan by leaving early.

Mark Wilson
    I was ramped in at Wabasso.... I was going to swing up that way about 11:30 but saw what was happening and put it on the trailer.  I really wanted to check that RIB out...looks bad ****.....next time.  
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • beachsideandybeachsideandy Posts: 889 Officer
    It was a lot of fun.. maybe next time we can set something up more in advance and get a bunch of people together.

We will be heading back there on Wednesday for the day on July 4th.  Boaters Exchange and Everglades boats will be hositng a cookout on the sandbar inside the inlet from 11-4pm.  Then we will head back to Rockledge for fireworks at Cocoa Village.

Mark Wilson
  • beachsideandybeachsideandy Posts: 889 Officer
    Cool, unfortunately we are going to some land based party.
    edited July 3 #13
    We will be heading back there on Wednesday for the day on July 4th.  Boaters Exchange and Everglades boats will be hositng a cookout on the sandbar inside the inlet from 11-4pm.  Then we will head back to Rockledge for fireworks at Cocoa Village.

I cannot afford an Everglades...Lord knows I would love one.... And I have only been in Rockledge 4 times in 30 years.... Do I still get a Hot dog or hamburger ?     :)
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled