Offshore Report 6-30 (100 ft)

Headed offshore from St Marks to a slicked up surface and occasional easy going swell. Ran out to 101 ft at 33 mph. Not a lick of wind all day - HOT! 

Hit 3 spots that have consistently produced snapper for me in the 30+ lb range for me over the last 10 years. This time every spot was a nursery. Every drop was a 16-18” RS except for 4 break offs on 100 lb flouro, a large thresher, and got freight trained by what was likely a jewfish. Fought the good fight for 20 minutes before he shook the hook. 

Two man limit taken in 15 min and spent the rest of the time looking for grouper. None brought to the surface. 

Lots of bait, weed lines, porpoises, flying fish, and sea turtles beyond 70 ft. 

Surface temp started at 85.6 and climbed to 90.1 by 1 pm.

Clear blue water started around 25 miles out. Clear water visibility to approximately 50 ft. 
2015 FS Northwest Forum NASCAR Champion

Replies

• ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 2,414 Moderator

I wonder where those big boys are?

Sounds nice out there. Thanks.

." why would someone want to be a moderator in the first place?"

"There is no compensation for that task other than the satisfaction one might get from being an ***."

mindyabizness

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• fsuwxmanfsuwxman Posts: 1,265 Officer
    My guess is further to the south and west. Was going to go further this morning and find out for sure but the weather just wouldn’t hold up. 
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 2,623 Captain
    We got into 22-24” fish in 60’ east of k yesterday. The chum churn had them right behind the boat in 5 minuets.  No pigs, but great eaters 
    You should have been here yesterday
  • skyway andeskyway ande Posts: 3,175 Captain
    I miss those days.
    thanks for an awesome report!
    God, save the South!
  • fsuwxmanfsuwxman Posts: 1,265 Officer
    Salty - were you on that ledge line about a mile east of K?

We saw boats in that area on the way back in around 1:30-2:00 pm. Surprised to see 22"-24" RS in that shallow a water with those temps. Glad y'all got on em'.

Did you limit?
  • AnchorbaitAnchorbait CrawfordvillePosts: 76 Greenhorn
    Great report, thanks.
  • SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 4,618 Captain
    Good dill
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 2,623 Captain
    fsuwxman said:
    Salty - were you on that ledge line about a mile east of K?

We saw boats in that area on the way back in around 1:30-2:00 pm. Surprised to see 22"-24" RS in that shallow a water with those temps. Glad y'all got on em'.

Did you limit?
    We got a very quick limit( only 2 of us). The bigger ones came into the chum first and we drifted chunks of ly back. We kept 4 and released 8-10 more.  We weren’t fishing a ledge, it’s an old airplane that went down a long time ago 
    You should have been here yesterday