SeaTow experience

nobrononobrono winterparkPosts: 1 Greenhorn

Has anyone had any issues with retrieving Seatow membership privileges after reactivating their membership?

I tried to get doc-to-doc services after reactivating 48 hours prior, but I was told I had to wait 30 days to use this privilege.

Anyone have a similar experience?

Replies

• End of the LineEnd of the Line Posts: 15 Greenhorn
    It’s called “adverse selection,” verry common in the insurance industry.  You can’t wait until your i need a wreck to buy car insurance.  You can’t wait until your sick to sign up for health insurance.  Every insurance company will have restrictions in place to keep this kind of thing from happening.  

Not saying this is you, but someone could wait until they’re broken down to activate their Sea Tow.  Company would be giving money away if they allowed that.
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 2,605 Captain
    That’s disappointing. I’d hope you would be able to use the service as soon as you reactivated, even if ithere was a little lapse in your service. But if there was no lapse, and you reactivated when they notified you it was time, I’d take issue with that
    You should have been here yesterday
  • bmoodybmoody Posts: 962 Officer
    When I last went to reactivate (about 2 weeks ago), after about a 4 day lapse, they were very specific about the 30 days for dock to dock and 24 hours for regular tow.
  • larrywittlarrywitt Posts: 2,566 Moderator
    I have had  BOAT US  towing service for many years . I always send in my payment well in advance of expiration date.  I have used them twice never a problem.   
  • Docked WagesDocked Wages Posts: 2,855 Admin
    edited June 29 #6
    That all makes sense.  I know there is a 24 wait for emergency tow service so you are not calling after you have an issue.  The Dock to Dock sounds like the same category.  Seems fair.  Why did you let it lapse or how long was lapse before reactivating?
    Mark Wilson
    AF1.124213220_sq_thumb_s.jpg